Sign in to follow this  

Saskatoon bawdy house charge

Guest W***ledi*Time

The StarPhoenix reports, 8 May 2012:

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/Saskatoon+woman+charged+living+bawdy+house/6588475/story.html

A 41-year-old woman has been charged with being an inmate in a common bawdy house after police executed a search warrant of an apartment on Saturday.

Police were called to an apartment building on the 300 block of 5th Avenue North after receiving reports that a woman was being threatened.

Upon arrival police found the 41-year-old woman appeared to be living in a bawdy house. The vice unit was called in to investigate and a search warrant was executed a short time later.

The woman has been charged and will appear in provincial court Wednesday morning ...

I don't understand why they aren't addressing the reason they were called there in the first place: that they received a call about a female being threatened.

I am also not sure how or why they decided she 'appeared to be' living in a bawdy house. Shouldn't they be doing a lot more investigation before dragging her into court? Was it a false report by someone in a competing group?

I think this would be an idea case for advocacy groups to redirect attention back to the real issue at hand. Why aren't the police investigating the report.