Offering my tech services

I have been working with technology my entire life, it comes naturally to me.

I'd like to offer my services as a technician to anyone in the Halifax and surrounding areas that require it - I can build computers, upgrade your existing machine and repair just about anything.

I would only charge a fee if there was travel involved, other wise - I'd just be happy to help :)

PM me for requests so it triggers an email, cheers!

Kudos for Max Luther for extending a hand of help if needed and backrubman for giving warning that at times help offered can be nefarious so be full of care. Max, it's a shame you are not in Ottawa, I have a machine in need of love and it isn't something that could get anyone into any trouble...

cat

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I find that most technical problems you can figure it out.

Your probably a nice person trying to give a hand, but what really annoys me is when people charge people for technical services much higher than if they can repair it themselves.

Hardware problems I find are easy to repair there are also lots of fresh tech grads out there. Its software problems that I find your more likely to encounter.

As a golden rule never buy or get services from Bestbuy/Futureshop.

I have an E-Portfolio with both personal and professional references listed, as well as previous work samples. I would have been happy to share this with anyone that simply asked. I haven't been with a SP yet - sadly - however, when that day comes I'll gladly add that addition to my list of references ;-)

Only with her permission of course, and somehow I doubt that an SP would give 'carte blanche' permission to use her as a reference as it is by extension an endorsement. Just the same I can easily see a few posts happening here that Max Luther saved the day for me :) and even offering to allow people PM the poster if they doubt your integrity.

Don't feel bad, I'd rather someone ask too - I know there's creeps and weirdos out there. Very creepy indeed, not much I can do about the creeps and weirdo's in the world - other than continue to play "Yin & Yang"

Well I think you probably could have fixed the "Evil Repair Shop" situation and saved the SP from the costs of buying a new computer when the only thing that was wrong with the one she had was evil (and apparently hard to find) software was present. It was probably something as simple as log-me-in and then mess with the registry so that it no longer shows up in the list of installed software under "add/remove programs". Maybe a few other tweaks to ensure it doesn't show up in the task bar, but you or me would be able to pop up the task manager and probably find it pretty quickly.

Stop feeling bad! You're trying to do something good, smile - and pat yourself on the back =)

Thanks Max, I'm glad you understand my point of view. I have helped more than one SP with their computer problems but only after earning their trust. I also do it for free, but it's more like helping a friend (a "professional" friend, but still a friend) out. When a stranger offers services to anyone for free, well, sorry to have to be suspicious of that.

To bad we didn't still live in a time when the farmers barn would burn down and the whole community would show up a few days later and rebuild it, better than ever. Well the Amish still do that but then they choose to be locked in time long since past.

Long and short of it is - Yes, I'm 100% sincere about helping ANYONE who needs help. I'd even be happy to do this remotely if at all possible (to eliminate your concern) - I didn't say I had to physically meet up and see your computer. That's only required if it won't boot :)

Thank-you for taking the time to write your message, sincerely - it could mean a lot, to a lot of people.

And I hope you are able to be helpful!