No, not that kind of heat :) Actual heat and humidity. I think someone starts a thread like this every summer but I'm stymied.

Heat and humidity turn me into a tubby lazy kitten. I can barely get up. And I'm only in EDMONTON. Does this happen to anyone else? Are you a heat zombie? Why does my body just stop in the summer? I find the sun almost paralyzing. I'm only able to function properly in the evening and night.

Plus, I'm headed to Montreal where the humidity is crippling.

Help.............. please :( Thank you

xoxoxo A

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Have you been tested for allergies? If not do so. Lethergy can be attributed to allergies such as pollen,dust,mold and fine sprays.Also take multyv itimins to get your omph back or try some ginsing in liquid or tablet form to get your zing back. Good luck!

I guess you could also call me a heat zombie. When the temperature starts getting north of 30 C I tend to move slower...if at all, lol. The worst was my last place in Ottawa. I think it was an attic that had been converted into an apartment and that place was just scorching in the summer. Had to walk around almost naked...almost ;) just to stay cool, lol. One thing that I find helps is going for a swim, whether it's a pool, the river, or a lake, or whatever. I just find it tends to cool you right to the core and I tend to feel refreshed for a while afterwards regardless of the heat. And like Finn said some herbal remedies can help too. I know when it's humid out my allergies go a little haywire cause mould loves humidity so it could be allergy related too.

• Like 1

Well I've been known while out fishing on an extremely hot day to take a break, and take a plunge in the lake to cool off

I also drink lots of water, more than normal in the summer months

RG

I haven't had the pleasure yet to experience much in the way of heat and humidity. Here in NL we did have a very nice May, but June has been pretty poor so far.

When it does get warm, I usually handle it pretty well. The worst part is overnight. There is a point where there is no more clothes to shed

I really like it. It's the cold that makes me into a zombie, curled up in tons of clothes & blankets. I played tennis on the hottest day of the summer so far in the middle of the afternoon and I haven't felt more alive in such a long time.

No, not that kind of heat :) Actual heat and humidity. I think someone starts a thread like this every summer but I'm stymied.

Heat and humidity turn me into a tubby lazy kitten. I can barely get up. And I'm only in EDMONTON. Does this happen to anyone else? Are you a heat zombie? Why does my body just stop in the summer? I find the sun almost paralyzing. I'm only able to function properly in the evening and night.

Plus, I'm headed to Montreal where the humidity is crippling.

Help.............. please :( Thank you

xoxoxo A

Ahhh Yes... I used to live in Edmonton and the humidity used to turn me into a lazy puppy....please don't call me tubby

So I moved back to Manitoba where the mosquito's took my mind off sweating my balls off

Then I decided to travel to Edmonton and Calgary in the summer to say hello and deal some humidity again

Went to BC to get rained on ..... humid

Then back to Manitoba where I froze off the rest of the fella's off.....brrr cold here

So in all of my seriousness here Amelia.....lets move to Iceland.....and build an igloo

I will cut the blocks.... and you stack them and design the one room Igloo palace that you have always wanted !!

Fyi sweetie....No pets for example ptarmigans not allowed in a one room Igloo ....little tooooo cozy......

That help Amelia ? xoxo

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

I hate heat. Thankfully, I live only 15 minutes from the cool shore of the Bay of Fundy.

The only good part about a blazing hot day is when the Ice Cream truck arrives.

"Uh ... hello ...

how much for a large vanilla-chocolate swirl ...

hello??"

melted%2Btruck.jpg

Heat and I are not friends, at all. I lived in Ontario for a long time and never got used to the heat and humidity in the summertime. I'm glad to be back in Vancouver where I belong, less than 10 minutes away from the ocean at any time.

I would like it to be a touch warmer, though, or at least for the rain to give up and go away for a bit! It will, eventually. And we'll probably have three weeks without any rain in July/August and be complaining terribly because everything will be so dried-out and tired looking!

Canadians talk about the weather more than anyone else in the world!

• Like 1

I find it interesting that some folks find Alberta humid. I loved it when I lived there for 2 years because I found the heat to be dry there.

I have lived in Ontario most of my life and still can't get used to it. In fact, I find it worse as I get older. Combine that with pollution and I have to use my asthma puffer some days.

Just stay cool and hydrated is all you can really do.

Which is why I have absolutely no interest in visiting anywhere south where it is humid. Give me an island with a constant breeze and I might consider it.

now that i am in my 50's i do find the humidity bothers me some, especailly if i am doing some activity. you will hear on the radio aboiut warnings for some people with breathing problems to stay inside when the humidity gets high.a while ago i met a lady from the west . she moved to ontario after her divorice and just couldnt take it. by august she was moving back out west because of the humidity.well i guess every one is different, like i cann't stand the winter and cold but just love the sun and warmth.

Thanks :) Sometimes it's nice to know there are others having the same trouble. Edmonton is not as arid as southern Alberta or the NWT. But it has the most beautiful skies of any city I've lived in. You can see storms coming a mile away. I love my weird cumulus clouds.

Y'all are making me scared of Montreal! :icon_eek: I'm going to visit with Emma to make it all ok...

About the heat though... I've always been this way, since childhood. I spent some years in southern Africa a while ago and that definitely didn't help. The rainy season was insufferable. It's gotten worse ever since. Such a weird intolerance...

Awkward sunburn time! I have a sun dress tan, so I'm burned on my shoulders and in a v-neck pattern. That'll teach me to wear an audrey hepburn dress- I'm going back to the burhkah!

Anyone else have a delightful sunburn? xoxo A

Yes Amelia, I have been spending a little too much time out in the sun lately and guess what, I'm dark all over and am hoping for very little or no pealing.

Awkward sunburn time! I have a sun dress tan, so I'm burned on my shoulders and in a v-neck pattern. That'll teach me to wear an audrey hepburn dress- I'm going back to the burhkah!

Yup ! My head .... again......I glow in the dark damnitt ! I feel like a nightlight ... hahaha My poor clean shaven head used to look like the white cue ball in snooker.... now it is one of the red ones you shoot at ;)

As the French would say, superrrr sexeeeee!

You've really outdone yourself on the imagery there, Lee!

My Prince Charming :) xoxo A

• Like 1

Yup ! My head .... again......I glow in the dark damnitt ! I feel like a nightlight ... hahaha My poor clean shaven head used to look like the white cue ball in snooker.... now it is one of the red ones you shoot at ;)

Sunscreen is our friend...apply it right out of the shower so you don't forget and no worries...Haven't burnt my bald pate once in the 15 plus years I've been going to the wood..

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I hate, hate, HATE this kind of heat! I too become absolutely useless in this kind of heat. My health takes a nosedive in this kind of heat. Exercising?? Hahahah!! Cooking? Bwaaahahaha! That's even funnier. So it's constant take out and vegging in this kind of heat. And I'm cranky ALL the time. I actually look forward to spending all week at work because it's an air conditioned environment.

And you know something is definitely amiss in my usually one track mind when fooling around is the very last thing on it. Hell, even masturbating feels like a chore! But who can stop masturbating?

Posted via Mobile Device

It is very rude of the heat to interfere with your masturbation schedule! You should write a strongly worded letter. I feel for you...

xoxoxo Amelia

• Like 1