Should Rep points be added to things other than posts ?

Given the other two threads on the subject, one thing that has come out from my reading is that there may in fcat be a validity to being able to add rep points for things other than posts and rec's.

For example, if someone is friendly and helpfull, but this occurs in pms there is no way to provide a rep for the help. also there is no way to just add to some one's rep because of overall involvement, as opposed to a specific post or rec.

Just a thought, open for discussion.

• Like 1

The rep system does not have the ability to do this (Only the admin/mod) can do this but it could be something that is added in the future.

Given the other two threads on the subject, one thing that has come out from my reading is that there may in fcat be a validity to being able to add rep points for things other than posts and rec's.

For example, if someone is friendly and helpfull, but this occurs in pms there is no way to provide a rep for the help. also there is no way to just add to some one's rep because of overall involvement, as opposed to a specific post or rec.

i'm not saying one way or another about this idea just it makes more sense then the sp's reviewing clients....omg, what next? I would never ever ever review a client. That's getting way to personal and besides wouldn't they all sound the same? lmao

kisses,

Emma A

True enough, no buisiness person would voluntarily alienate clients (altough Microsoft seems to enjoy doing so, hummmm)

(might be a nice ego boost for some, to see how "great" they are, LOL)

Very good points Akhenaton

? for the Mod.

I nominated a post and then wanted to provide rep points

for this thread nomination

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=42246&postcount=11

The message I got back was "you cannot give reputation to the same post twice"

Question? When you give a nomination do

1) the recipients get rep. points

2) If thats the case can it be set up to leave a comment with the nomination.

When you Nominate a thread for Thread of the month it automatically gives rep points (and if they get the most nominations it gives them 10 extra rep points as well) it's all tied into each other rather nicely.

Cool, so a nomination give the person the same rep as an "agree" ?

Nice job MOD :)

When you Nominate a thread for Thread of the month it automatically gives rep points (and if they get the most nominations it gives them 10 extra rep points as well) it's all tied into each other rather nicely.

Actually I think it gives 1 point for each nomination and 10 points to the winner as a bonus and 3 points to each running up (I think - something like that anyway)

That's really too bad MOD, as that would make a lot of sense to be able to add points for things other than just posts. Would certainly make it a bit more legitimate in my mind.

The rep system does not have the ability to do this (Only the admin/mod) can do this but it could be something that is added in the future.