Ghostery

thanks Phaedrus.

I installed this as an addon to my firefox. I am impressed with results....it blocks tracking yet pages display fine . In a few years hopefully my online footprint will be nano sized.

r100rs

Sounds good. I think I shall install it.

Lately I have been getting phone calls from some asian dude about a windows problem. How do they know my home phone #. I just tell them I am busy at the moment but they call back frequently.

Just curious .

Sounds good. I think I shall install it.

Lately I have been getting phone calls from some asian dude about a windows problem. How do they know my home phone #. I just tell them I am busy at the moment but they call back frequently.

Just curious .

I suspect they are getting it the same way other telemarketers and scammers do. My 80 year old father in law got phoned by these ones. Given their accent, the fact that he doesn't have a computer and doesn't know what windows is, it was a great conversation. Here he is asking if the windows they sell are double or triple paned, and getting quite frustrated, insisting his windows locked perfectly well and he didn't see any need for new fangled password locking systems. Finally he hung up. Took him an hour to calm down, and another hour before I explained!

• Like 1