Anyone know if this site is legit?

Guest s******ecan****
Does anyone know if this site is legit?

http://www.copycraigs.com/otta.html

looks fishy to me.....also if you read their ad it sounds like they charge you a "commision fee" of $50 on top of the room rate.

Personally I like hotwire, great rates and they guarantee a 3 or 4 star hotel, you just don't know which one until after you book...(they don't either as they are making last minute buys of available space).

Here is their link.

I have done alot of checking around, and I have found that Travelocity is very reasonable. I might use them, if I decide to make an Ottawa trip.

And the spokesperson is a relative of mine!!! :D (we gnome's stick together)

After the stuff that happened with Travelocity a few years ago, I'm not comfortable using them for anything. Basically a bunch of people had bookings for areas they couldn't get to for weather reasons (I believe it was a hurricane) and whatnot and Travelocity would not refund their money or let them change their booking. This isn't an isolated incident, you can find stuff on Ripoff Report about it. You can google things like "Travelocity scam" "Travelocity problems" and lots of other stuff. I have personally had some minor issues booking through them (I had a legal name change and even though I showed them documentation they would not let me change some info on my account and it led to problems booking flight tickets) and just either book through the airlines now or Hotwire.

I'm a huge fan of Hotwire for both flights and hotels - they don't tell you what hotel it is until after you book and as such they can give you this obscenely low rate for 4 and 5 star places - a little detective work BEFORE you buy will tell you what hotel it is though. A bit more work, but luxury for the price of average works for me. And they're a lot more HONEST than some of the other places.

I've used Copycraigs in Toronto and they've been great. There are many reviews of the service on Terb in the Outcall section if you are a member there. They basically act like an EA, handle all of your arrangements and then you just go and check in when you need to. The fee is reasonable considering the reduced rates, at least in Toronto where often your getting a room at a hotel for $70 when the rack rate would be around $250. The advantage with Copycraigs is that you know the hotel you are booking at but your getting the Hotwire rates.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thanks Kyra for the info.

I've used Copycraigs in Toronto and they've been great. There are many reviews of the service on Terb in the Outcall section if you are a member there. They basically act like an EA, handle all of your arrangements and then you just go and check in when you need to. The fee is reasonable considering the reduced rates, at least in Toronto where often your getting a room at a hotel for $70 when the rack rate would be around $250. The advantage with Copycraigs is that you know the hotel you are booking at but your getting the Hotwire rates.

Hope that helps!

It looks very poorly done. I always like tasteful and quality websites. Time takes money.

I agree PrettyPaige that the website is of very poor quality.

One would think if you want to draw in business that one would spend a little money.

This is one reason that I posted this question as it does not look very legitimate and the URL they chose is not a very business oriented name.

It looks very poorly done. I always like tasteful and quality websites. Time takes money.