What would you do if...

I never dream of what we'd do if he ever won big -- rather, I pray he won't. Because study after study has shown that people usually end up worse, in the long run, for winning big in the lottery. Marriages split up. Families are alienated. People don't know how to manage their unearned windfalls, and are beset on all sides by everything from helpful advisors looking to get on the gravy train to outright con artists.

Planning!

For the longest time I use to carry a folded note in my wallet. On it was a list of what I would do with a millions dollars in lottery winnings. It was easy to scale it up or down to fit should situation arose.

The usual advice, put everything in short term GIC (minus a stipend) and disappear on a holiday for a week or two. The earnings from the GIC would more then cover cost. That gives you time to avoid the well wishers and hardship stories and to plan your next step.

Guest C****** K***e

1) Pay off my student loans and pay for 2 or 3 grad degrees.

2) Buy a Steinway 8 foot concert grand. My god, I just might kill to own a Steinway.

3) Go jewelry shopping...my greatest weakness.

4) Backpack around Europe (it would be great knowing I can check into a great hotel whenever I feel like)

5) Become an eccentric benefactress of the arts, living with my dogs and getting visits from lovers. :-D

I have only been able to come up with 3 things so far...

1) RETIRE

2) Give some money to my son. This way he can buy his own damn clothes and I won't have to know how much money he is wasting on them (Or the booze and cigarettes!)

3) Spend 6 months travelling through Europe, not that I haven't seen it all before, but would have fun doing again!

I would kiss Angela Aurora's brown ass......!

:-P

LOL well thanks for the vote of confidence, I mean kiss my ass, as in they will be ass kissing as I will be the man over there on that board lol

I think that I would live in Prague for a couple of months out of the year. Any guy who has ever been there before would totally understand. It's like being a kid in a candy store in that city! ;)