Omg so I got a new cell and now i can check cerb ALL THE TIME. HAHAHA. Like I need an excuse to spend more time here!

Posted via Mobile Device

At times portability is convenient ....

Posted via Mobile Device

Omg so I got a new cell and now i can check cerb ALL THE TIME. HAHAHA. Like I need an excuse to spend more time here!

Posted via Mobile Device

What did you get and why? I ask because I have been looking at phones lately and have my eye on the blackberry pearl. Not sure though as to why I would want to email from my phone as when I travel I take my laptop and if I am in town I believe I should be able to go out without checking my email. Besides the buttons are so small my fingers don?t fit on the keys.

What did you get and why? I ask because I have been looking at phones lately and have my eye on the blackberry pearl. Not sure though as to why I would want to email from my phone as when I travel I take my laptop and if I am in town I believe I should be able to go out without checking my email. Besides the buttons are so small my fingers don?t fit on the keys.

If you don't need a smartphone, don't waste your money. Should you want to be kept up to speed with emails you're receiving while you're away from the computer and you have a cell phone, you should be able to forward the emails to your cell phone for absolutely nothing (as long as your provider doesn't charge you for incoming texts). You won't get the entire body of text or attachments, but you get around the first 160 characters depending on phone/provider. And there's plenty of decent phones that you can buy outright for less than $150 (no contract) where you should be able to connect to a webmail account and send emails...with a slide out qwerty keyboard. Web access may cost a few dollars more depending.

Smartphones have tons of neat and wonderful features, but if you're not sure you need that stuff, you probably don't need that stuff ;)

• Like 1

I have a great Samsung now, best phone I ever had. It doesn?t have a camera though which isn?t a big deal as I have a nice camera and am not buying the phone for the camera feature anyways. I was interested in the blue tooth so my hands can be free when I am driving or walking and really this was my only reason for upgrading to a new phone. I just can?t find one that I totally like that say yes buy me. The only thing that is really important a must have is call display.

My phone now has internet and text messaging but I never used those features - never sent a text in my life and never respond to texts when they come in. I do like the flip phones as then you don?t hit any keys when the phone is in your purse. Those phones with out the flip I just didn?t like as I was always hitting buttons if you just pick it up the wrong way or anything it drove me nuts. I see now they have some email blackberry phones that the key board slide in and out on the side which are cool but I just haven?t found one that has all the features that I like. The blackberry pearl is the closest so far and it is 29.99 with a 3 year contract and 399.99 with no contract. It must take forever to write an email with those tiny little buttons, I was thinking people would almost have to use a pen to push those buttons. This is also probably half the reason that words and sentences are getting shorter and shorter.

It is to bad that a customer couldn?t order what they want in a phone and someone make it for you, now that?s a great business idea. If I was in the cell phone manufacturing business I would make custom phones.

I guess like anything else, you just get used to the keypads and two thumb style of typing. I just have one of those slide out keyboards on mine and it took awhile to get proficient at it, but it beats the shit out of trying to compose anything on a number pad. I couldn't be bothered to get good at that, do not have the patience!

I guess like anything else, you just get used to the keypads and two thumb style of typing. I just have one of those slide out keyboards on mine and it took awhile to get proficient at it, but it beats the shit out of trying to compose anything on a number pad. I couldn't be bothered to get good at that, do not have the patience!

I use text messages quite a bit, and for some reason I have the opposite problem. My wife has a "crack"berry and I have a difficult time using it. I guess its just what you're used to. I'm still contemplating taking the plunge into the smart phone era though. I'll probably go with a blackberry, since I loath the trendy apple thing. I just think that while Ipod/Iphones/Macbooks are apparently 'better' I just don't think they meet my cost-benefit thing. I might go with one of the lesser known companies since I like the new LG.

• Like 1

Yeah, the cell I have is the LG Rumour. It's got the slide out keyboard, which was one of the main reasons why I got it, because as Buggernot said, it's a bitch to try to text on a number pad. I actually prefer texts to phone calls, but that's just me. Plus, since I was almost finished my contract, I got to upgrade for a lot less than if I bought the phone outright.

• Like 1

I have just recently upgrading my cell phone to a Blackberry Storm and eally love it. It makes things much easier when I am away from my computer to answer all my emails, open attachments that people send, work online, and so forth. Investing in the proper Data Package is a must when upgrading to a smart phone. Keeps the costs down and improves the performance of what I can do with it. Like Erin, my contract was nearly over aand was able to upgrade at a much less cost than having to but it outright. Also, now I don't have to lug around my damn laptop or try to find a WI-FI connection when out. I am connected at all times, 24/7, 365 days a year. I even included my work number as a buddy number so all my calls that are forwared don't cost a cent when I am away from my location or touring. Took some time getting used to the touch screen, but now its like another tool in the purse. Not quite as good as my toys, but close... Maybe once they make a cell phone that vibrates as good as my toys, I'll be able to just rely on the phone! Wink! Wink! But if you contract is still just in the first year, I'd wait to upgrade unless you REALLY must do so for work purposes.

• Like 2

I have gone to 7 cell phone shops in the last 2 weeks now and all tell me something different- This is what is so interesting! You really have to do your homework as their info is so inconstant. Same as accessories ? they all carry different ones. So this week I am either going to get the blackberry pearl or the iphone3G. Does anyone have an iphone?

I have just recently upgrading my cell phone to a Blackberry Storm and eally love it. It makes things much easier when I am away from my computer to answer all my emails, open attachments that people send, work online, and so forth. Investing in the proper Data Package is a must when upgrading to a smart phone. Keeps the costs down and improves the performance of what I can do with it. Like Erin, my contract was nearly over aand was able to upgrade at a much less cost than having to but it outright. Also, now I don't have to lug around my damn laptop or try to find a WI-FI connection when out. I am connected at all times, 24/7, 365 days a year. I even included my work number as a buddy number so all my calls that are forwared don't cost a cent when I am away from my location or touring. Took some time getting used to the touch screen, but now its like another tool in the purse. Not quite as good as my toys, but close... Maybe once they make a cell phone that vibrates as good as my toys, I'll be able to just rely on the phone! Wink! Wink! But if you contract is still just in the first year, I'd wait to upgrade unless you REALLY must do so for work purposes.

http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/specifications.shtml

This link shows how to work all the features on the phone. Really cool!

Brandi,

if you want a phone that works, go iPhone. the BB is just a cheap imitation. And we have lots of imitation around here lately :)

• Like 1

Brandi,

if you want a phone that works, go iPhone. the BB is just a cheap imitation. And we have lots of imitation around here lately :)

lol, ya poor spud.

The iphone doesn't have a flip lid though.

Guest C****** K***e

I have pretty much the least complicated phone in the universe: it can phone and text and that is IT. (Well, also alarm and calculator and stuff, but most people's watches do that now!) Anyway, I got it because it was cheap, but I'd love a smartphone. I must say, though...I agree with you Brandi, I like a flip phone to avoid pressing buttons. Plus, I'm not going to lie, when I am bored flipping my phone open and closed is my primary source of entertainment.

Wow...I'm really kind of a loser, aren't I!

Also, I'm sort of apprehensive about getting a smartphone because I'm, shall we say, somewhat less than a techie. I would still probably never do anything but text and phone. Probably the only added bonus for me would be music storage.

I have pretty much the least complicated phone in the universe: it can phone and text and that is IT. (Well, also alarm and calculator and stuff, but most people's watches do that now!) Anyway, I got it because it was cheap, but I'd love a smartphone. I must say, though...I agree with you Brandi, I like a flip phone to avoid pressing buttons. Plus, I'm not going to lie, when I am bored flipping my phone open and closed is my primary source of entertainment.

Also, I'm sort of apprehensive about getting a smartphone because I'm, shall we say, somewhat less than a techie. I would still probably never do anything but text and phone. Probably the only added bonus for me would be music storage.

You are not a loser - take those words back! ;)

I don't use the features on my current phone either but I will on my new phone cause I know a few techie's in Ottawa who are going to give me a personal lesson. lol

I agree with Brandi, you are not a loser...you should take those words back luv! Personally I want to punt my Blackberry into the Rideau Canal!!! Hey, didn't the Ottawa Silver Seven do the same thing to the Stanley Cup once? Anyway, I wish I would have stuck with a nice simple phone, the only advantage to it is texting is quick. You aren't always searching for the bloody letter!

but it beats the shit out of trying to compose anything on a number pad. I couldn't be bothered to get good at that, do not have the patience!

I can do that like a pro, with one thumb no less! LOL :wink:

Guest C****** K***e

You haven't seen me sitting on a bench, doing nothing but opening and closing my phone obsessively. I'll take back the 'loser' comment, but I'll never deny that I'm a giant goof. (not that I'd ever change that)

And I've actually become rather adept at T9 typing...maybe you could chalk it up to the fact that I play piano (fiendishly)? Who knows...sounds like the type of thing they'd do a study on...maybe I should contact the Canada Council and get me a grant.:!::mrgreen:

HAHAHA, I would be curious to see what the Canada Council would say back. Knowing them, they would give you the money to get your smart phone Now that would be too funny :D

You haven't seen me sitting on a bench, doing nothing but opening and closing my phone obsessively. I'll take back the 'loser' comment, but I'll never deny that I'm a giant goof. (not that I'd ever change that)

And I've actually become rather adept at T9 typing...maybe you could chalk it up to the fact that I play piano (fiendishly)? Who knows...sounds like the type of thing they'd do a study on...maybe I should contact the Canada Council and get me a grant.:!::mrgreen:

Oh dudes, my phone isn't a flip phone either, BUT it's got this awesome thing, when it's on, you have to push and hold the back button to get into your main screen (you can still receive calls and texts), but so if you accidentally press buttons, nothing happens.

Well after 2 weeks of researching phones today was the big day planned to go make my purchase and all the stores I deal with were sold out of the blackberry pearl. imagine that. Have to wait till they get more in next week. They said it is a popular phone and they are selling them quick. I guess all good things are worth waiting for.

Guest f***2f***

I have a blackberry and it's ok but my wife has the iphone and I'd really like one of those....I'm envious....it's ipod, camera, has email, phone, text, gps, browser etc etc etc...it's freaking awesome.

I have a blackberry and it's ok but my wife has the iphone and I'd really like one of those....I'm envious....it's ipod, camera, has email, phone, text, gps, browser etc etc etc...it's freaking awesome.

which blackberry do you have? well i played with the iphone in the store again today and didn't like it so much but i can see why many would. I even found a message forum for the blackberry pearl 8220. I am learning so much.

Anyone know how to turn the button sounds off? It's so irritating to be typing out a text or looking for something and every button I push makes a beeping noise. I thought it would be in the settings section under sounds, but there is nothing there to turn the button sounds off.

I have the Blackberry Curve, it works great...just wish I had gotten the I-phone instead though. Just can't have as much fun as with the I-phone!

which blackberry do you have? well i played with the iphone in the store again today and didn't like it so much but i can see why many would. I even found a message forum for the blackberry pearl 8220. I am learning so much.