Anyone know how to turn the button sounds off? It's so irritating to be typing out a text or looking for something and every button I push makes a beeping noise. I thought it would be in the settings section under sounds, but there is nothing there to turn the button sounds off.

Settings / Sounds / Keyboard Clicks (Right at the bottom of the list) Toggle OFF

Well I got my blackberry pearl flip phone 8220 today and I absolutely hate it so far! Almost threw it out the window so many times. Hopefully this gets better by the end of the week or I am going back to my old phone. The internet part is cool, I tried to log onto Cerb with it when I was at star bucks, almost got in, maybe next time. I am just not used to all these different phone settings and i change them and they don't save and I have to click more buttons now to see missed calls - all a pain in ass. Technology isn't whats it is cracked up to be.

I have just recently upgrading my cell phone to a Blackberry Storm and eally love it. It makes things much easier when I am away from my computer to answer all my emails, open attachments that people send, work online, and so forth. Investing in the proper Data Package is a must when upgrading to a smart phone. Keeps the costs down and improves the performance of what I can do with it. Like Erin, my contract was nearly over aand was able to upgrade at a much less cost than having to but it outright. Also, now I don't have to lug around my damn laptop or try to find a WI-FI connection when out. I am connected at all times, 24/7, 365 days a year. I even included my work number as a buddy number so all my calls that are forwared don't cost a cent when I am away from my location or touring. Took some time getting used to the touch screen, but now its like another tool in the purse. Not quite as good as my toys, but close... Maybe once they make a cell phone that vibrates as good as my toys, I'll be able to just rely on the phone! Wink! Wink! But if you contract is still just in the first year, I'd wait to upgrade unless you REALLY must do so for work purposes.

I have had 3 different Blackberry's in the last few years and am currently using the Storm !! as far as features go it by far the best BUT as for typing on it, although I am getting better, it has been the most frustrating of all the full key pad phones!! Many times I have almost called to deactivate it and reactivate my older BB..

Loki318

• Like 1

Settings / Sounds / Keyboard Clicks (Right at the bottom of the list) Toggle OFF

On my BBStorm it is

Options/keyboard/Screen/Key Tone: on or Off

Loki318

Technology isn't whats it is cracked up to be.

Can't live with it, or without it. I hated my blackberry as well, sold it within 24 hours. Went back to my older Samsung A950, and I can type a text with my thumb in no time8)

Test

Posted via Mobile Device

I Finally did it!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Can't live with it, or without it. I hated my blackberry as well, sold it within 24 hours. Went back to my older Samsung A950, and I can type a text with my thumb in no time8)

Even with my older phone, I never learned to text with my thumb. It just drove me crazy. It even took me ages to text using textspeak, which made me cringe every time I did it.

Qwerty keyboards are where it's at.

Even with my older phone, I never learned to text with my thumb. It just drove me crazy. It even took me ages to text using textspeak, which made me cringe every time I did it.

Qwerty keyboards are where it's at.

I guess then I am one of a few that cant stand the qwerty keyboard, and will be an old schooler thumb texter :lol:

Depends or whether or not you had to learn touch typing in high school.

We had an odd course option that meant I did in final year.

And glad I did.

Howeve, can you teach me the two-finger thumb touch stuff sometime? And then, when we've had a break, we can move on to texting on a cell phone? ;-)

Howeve, can you teach me the two-finger thumb touch stuff sometime? And then, when we've had a break, we can move on to texting on a cell phone? ;-)

If this was directed towards me, sure anytime! (If I am in the area)

I have taught myself touch typing, I am up around 60wpm, although with the mistakes, its prob around 40wpm.