question on location

I was thinking something closer to me.....hahahah....

But the Market is nice...but parking can be a real problem as it is the entertainment center for Ottawa

wait a minute........does this mean more time in Ottawa?

yes it would...i would be changing my home base to Ottawa but still travelling to Halifax,calgary and nyc.

Yes! It is trust me!

trust you...hmmmm....you are my little French bastard...i guess i should

The closer you are to me the better, but that is just me and I don't want you to feel like you need to move in with me right away. What ever you decide is good for me Emma.:oops:

you guys are not being serious....lol...serious now....i'm sending someone to look at a place in the market....i also like the business area...what to do? what to do?

The closer you are to me the better' date=' but that is just me and I don't want you to feel like you need to move in with me right away. What ever you decide is good for me Emma.:oops:[/quote']

your not being serious my love...spank spank...

The Market area is a freakin' nice neighborhood, and close to everything.

But as it was mentioned, parking is a pain in the butt.

Another nice trendy neighborhood is Westboro. It has improved significantly in the last few years, and it is still very central.

• Like 1

It all depends what you want to be close to, and how much noise you want to put up with... :-)

The market is typically very busy, as it's one of the two major "night-life" areas of Ottawa (the other being Elgin). Parking is challenging at the best of times, and during any kind of event, it's pretty much impossible. Almost every weekend during the summer has some kind of event going on, and a few times during the winter as well.

Centretown (the "business core") is not as bad for parking and traffic except during rush hours (unless the bus drivers are on strike, then it's awful), and doesn't get as busy during the summer events.

Heading westward, Hintonburg is well on its way to being yuppified, and Westboro is yuppification all over...so, nice neighbourhoods, but getting a little pricey. However, you don't have to worry as much about traffic and parking (in the residential neighbourhoods, anyway).

Lots more areas besides these, but that's a start, anyway...

• Like 1

The market would be my best advice, or just off the Elgin St area. This way you are central and there is lots to see and do down there.

• Like 1

your not being serious my love...spank spank...

Emma. you're just encouraging more jocularity by offering to spank us for not being serious. ;-)

But seriously folks, Market, Centretown or Westboro would be the way to go. Seems to me that you know at least one real estate mogul on here (lol). Perhaps you could put them on retainer (just to show them the other side of the coin, as it were - lol) to find you something suitable.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, Westboro or the Parkdale market area could also be nice for you as well. Lots of good restaurants, pubs and shopping in those areas.

Emma. you're just encouraging more jocularity by offering to spank us for not being serious. ;-)

But seriously folks, Market, Centretown or Westboro would be the way to go. Seems to me that you know at least one real estate mogul on here (lol). Perhaps you could put them on retainer (just to show them the other side of the coin, as it were - lol) to find you something suitable.

As these guys said, the Market is the busy trendy restaurant area...very hard to find parking for us guys who just want to visit for a little while!

Ouch.. you look sexy & erotic. OK on to your question..... how about

the quiet and charming neighbourhood of New Edinburgh. Great condos,

great parking facilities, close to downtown core and ByWard Market areas.

The area is well established and fairly affluent (you will fit in very nicely among

the male or female diplomats), in neighbouring Rockcliffe. Governor General of Canada's large residence (Rideau Hall) and grounds are located in New Edinburgh,

as is 24 Sussex Drive home of our PM (or commonly known as "No Sex Drive.... but you will change all that, won't you ?). The neighbourhood is home to several embassies and consulates, giving it plenty of character and architectural integrity.

Oh I can just see you there already... you will bring plenty of character & integrity to the starving souls of our diplomats. :-D:-D

Anything centrally located would be perfect. Off Elgin, or in the Market. As the guys have said though, the Market is busy as hell almost all the time.

Westboro is nice, the Glebe isn't bad. There are some nice places in the Centretown area, west of Bank St (Maclaren, Gilmour or James St's).

This is so exciting!