antlerman rant #4......or idea......

What do you feel about this  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel about this

• Sounds like a good idea
    • It will seprerate the forum too much
    • Undecided
    • No way

OK...I read alot of forums........and they are from all sorts of life styles.

I truly enjoy the sexualtity of what lfe can offer.....

now bask to the main topic.......forums....

I have started to see on alot of forums....special sections called....

"special members section"

"top posters section"

Sometimes the poster requires posts starting at 300 posts.....some I have seen at 500.....

Now these sections are where some of the senior people can post or exchange information with people they know have contributed.

Nothing brings me to a rant than newbies......chat-lurkers......who ask and ask...and nevecontribute....

It can seem a little social splitting.....but I would look at it as a place where special information can be posted for specials for people who have earned their stripes......

Guest W***ledi*Time
"special members section" "top posters section"

.... requires posts starting at 300 posts.....some I have seen at 500.....

I would look at it as a place where special information can be posted for specials for people who have earned their stripes......

"Special information"? What is this a code word for? Maybe the "special members" know ...

I personally like the way CERB works now (which is why I stick around), so I voted "No way".

One of history's lessons is that us commoners rarely approve of any of the privileges that are enjoyed by the elite (no matter how hard the elite have worked to get where they are) -- so I'm not sure that polling this way, in such a democratic manner, on such a question will give you your desired result. Your poll result will, I predict, be tilted against segregation ... by the votes of us more numerous "unwashed masses". We like the unearned benefits found here on CERB too much, ha!

Cheers, Wrinkled

I can certainly see the need for something like this on the other sites that have flame wars twice a day...but I haven't seen the same kinds of problems here. I also haven't seen too many clueless newbs posting in a silly or offensive manner -- in fact, I've been impressed that the people who start posting have (for the most part) been pretty reasonable. Now this may be entirely because of the mod's tireless efforts, but the end result is that CERB doesn't suffer from the same problems as the other sites do.

I have to agree that usually, once you begin to effect a triage of people, what you get is what used to be called a boys only club, and honestly, everybody was a newbee at some point, so why force the issue if there are little or no real benefits. Here on cerb, I don't see the need, in fcat, I find the openess has prompted many lurkers to come out and contribute, and to me that is the highest hommage our community could give to MOD, his tireless work is paying off, why poil it ?

Sorry, Aman, we are usually on the same wave lenght, but for this, I'm a "no-way"

Guest i***k***

I don't particularly want any special treatment for how much I post on the forum. I enjoy the community, the chats and discussions. That's enough for me.

Same as Inaluki..no special treatment for moi, furthermore I always try to help by pm's or in threads to newbies, they normally on the most part contribute or try too.....after all 2 years ago + I was 1 too.;-) I lurked before joining.....and read alot of information to bring myself where I'm today...living life, living fantasy..and having a great fucking time :)

The openness encourages people to participate, weather they are a noob or a senior member. Knowledge goes both ways, and so does helping.

IMO, once "groups" are created, and have "rules" etc it can lead to others being left out, and feeling resentful. I don't think that would be a good mandate for us people here at CERB.

While I may not agree with some things that are said here, I do feel as though my contributions are welcomed, and I like to think that I can help if needed. That is what makes CERB a great place.

I was given a few rebukes (for some past behavior) but I know that was for the greater good of the board, and that it was done out of concern, and not maliciousness. That is what makes this a different place for us to chill.

I can see where rants come in, but I would also like to see tolerance wherever possible. If there is trouble here (say in chat) then there could possibly be a consensus to boot the offender. I believe this community has a say at what goes on, and how it is managed. We have chat moderators and a wicked board MOD, that does a great job. I consider myself lucky to be a member of such a free thinking and welcoming community.

Guest Ou**or**n

Some of us don't have a lot of posts yet contribute when we feel a contribution would add value. Some with a high volume of posts are just naturally more talkative. I don't think those with different personality types should be segregated off.

Everyone on here is special in their own right. This board attracts a different breed than elsewhere. Everyone is always new at something or other, and can always benefit from the advice of others - free or otherwise.

I've said it before and will say it again, in some respect, we're all here for some sort of enrichment and to enrich others. Leave it as is and let everyone choose as they do today to participate as they see fit.

Yes us men are all participating to FIT in with the ladies, some may bigger and some may be smaller...lol:mrgreen: so leave as is

Leave it as is and let everyone choose as they do today to participate as they see fit.

Guest S**r***e

I too would have to go with the "now way" option for many of the reasons already stated. If this were to happen, this board may start getting filled up with useless points and information because people just want to up their post count to become one of the elite members. Like I have said before, we have to start somewhere and someday we will be up with the elite, one post at a time.

I really stirred up some topic this time......good.....funny thing is..........this is what I thought might happen.........

This group is indeed special...in so many ways......:smile:

aren't we all here to learn from each other?

i mean i have posted a lot and i'm still learning things...so it shouldn't matter if we post or not...besides i have a fair share of non posters as clients...hehe

kisses,

Emma A