the worth of a nation

Can you help me with a quote?

I heard this quote 1 time and don't know it's author or that exact wording. It goes something like this:

" the worth of a nation is measured not by what its wealthy own , but by what it's poor have."

If anyone knows the exact wording an possibly it's author I would appreciate your shareing with me.

I would like to pass this on to a friend who may benifit from the wisdom in this.

Thanks...... chavez

Here's a few to try

RG

Mahatma Ghandi who said, "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."

Churchill said that you measure the degree of civilisation of a society by how it treats its weakest members.

Truman said a society will be judged by how it treats its weakest members.

"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

-Cardinal Roger Mahony, In a 1998 letter, Creating a Culture of Life

It is said that the worth of society can be measured by the manner in which it treats its weakest member.

"The greatness of any city can be judged by the way it treats its weakest member." You can judge the character and quality of life in a community by how it treats its weakest members

It is said that a civilization is measured by how it treats its weakest members - including, of course, it children.

• Like 1

These are all good quote's Roaming Guy. Thanks for shareing.

They don't quite express the degree of of civilization that a nation shows by provideing for the poor in their society.

That isn't quite what I mean, but the quote that I am trying to remember expressed this perfectly.

I could make up my own quote that would express this almost as well, but I would rather attribute this to the person that expessed it originally.

This expression is the essence that separtates our great nation from so many others.