Well after the fiasco on Monday night the NFL and the referees sat down and stayed talking until they got a deal. A sense of urgency had something to do with that no doubt.

As great a football fan as I am it was rather sad to see the number of blown calls and what's worse to see that the referees in some cases were not even knowledgeable of the rules. It was a black eye for the league owners.

Good solid football under firm guidance begins tonight.

I believe that the refs earned a great deal of respect for what they do after these three weeks of replacements working to the best of their abilities. I hope that the referees get a standing ovation at the start of every game this week.

I'm an occasional fan, but I'm not sure you can lay all the blame on the replacement refs. This is high profile, and when you get the president, coaches, fans and even players piling on, (a penalty) there s no way that they can make a call that isn't being questioned. This a labor negations, it should be judged on the merits, whether you favor one side or the other.

I have to agree with Boomer the replacement refs were put in a no win situation. I blame the NFL owners not the replacement refs for all the bad calls that were made.

I'm happy they're back and you're right mrnice, they have earned the respect of everyone in their absence.

Considering what the NFL Owners make a year, and a NFL Player, here is what a NFL ref will now earn

The agreement hinged on working out salary, pension and retirement benefits for the officials, who are part-time employees of the league. Tentatively, it calls for their salaries to increase from an average of US$149,000 a year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013, rising to $205,000 by 2019.

Under the proposal, the current defined benefit pension plan will remain in place for current officials through the 2016 season or until the official earns 20 years' service. The defined benefit plan will then be frozen.

Retirement benefits will be provided for new hires, and for all officials beginning in 2017, through a defined contribution arrangement. The annual league contribution made on behalf of each game official will begin with an average of more than $18,000 per official and increase to more than $23,000 per official in 2019.

How Much Does an NFL Referee Make?

The average salary that an NFL referee earns per year nests between the sums of $25,000 and $70,000. This is not as much as the referees for others like the NHL and NBA make. The umpires in Major League Baseball make around $141,000 annually. The NBA referees make around $128,000 annually and the NHL officials earn around $139,000 annually. By looking at these sums, individuals will see that the NFL referees are at the bottom of the charts when it comes to the amount of money they earn. However, one has to consider the fact that an NFL referee works one game a week, while referees in the other sports work multiple games per week. The job of NFL referee required flexibility and go through training before match.

Lets look at what an owner makes MR JONES

Jerry Jones

Net Worth $2.7 B As of September 2012 yes the B stands for billion!!!

President and General Manager, Dallas Cowboys

Source of Wealth: Dallas Cowboys, Self-made

Residence: Dallas, TX

Country of Citizenship: United States

The country is in a recession, but pro football is thriving. NFL revenues are currently $9.3 billion a year and expected to climb to between $12 and $14 billion.

The refs, for their part, are seeking benefits that they put at $16.5 million over the five years of a new contract. In a 32-team league that amounts to just $500,000 per team, less than what a typical pro player earns in a single season.

So the rich owners dicked around for four games for a measley 16 million fucking bucks!

Averaged Player Salary-

$1.9 million average NFL player salary or $770,000 median NFL player salary.

No wonder the NFL apologized to their FANS! And yes the replacement officials did what they could possibly do under the circumstances.