Thanksgiving Mishaps.

Guest *ig*a**

Well the day is approching fast and I see everyone exchanging recipes etc etc. Let me tell you about a Thanksgiving when I was 14. My father God bless his soul was always in charge of cooking the turkey, he used to fuss over it and it wad his pride and joy when he carved it. Well one Thanksgiving he had a little too much to drink while it was cooking my mother asked if he was ok to bring the bird to the diing room and he assured her he was. On his way in carrying the turkey his foot caught the carpet and guess what the turkey hit the floor. I forgot to mention we had a large German Shepard named Fritz well Fritz got the turkey in his mouth and took off to the horror of everyone. Now my mother comes out of the kitchen with a broom trying to get the dog to let go of the turkey. What a sight that was. That was one Thanksgiving I or anyone else who was there will ever forget.How about you, any Thanksgiving mishaps?

Yes, one year my brother who is 6'2" got up from the table and accidentally pulled the tablecloth with a few of my new dishes with him, a gravy boat and a crystal glass with wine in it.

I never have good luck cooking a turkey, my first thanks giving living on my own i invited family over and made a big fuss cooking all day, my oven wasnt set right and the heat was only coming from the top so the turkey wasnt cooked when i served it.... and i cant tell you how many other times i have cooked a turkey upside down!!!