A Provider Code of Ethics

I read an interesting list lately which I suppose could be defined as the Hammurabi Code for providers: http://tinyurl.com/c6yg8o

I think most responsible providers would agree with the gist of this list of do's and dont's but what I wanted to ask is whether you guys thought that this kind of code could be used as the basis for some kind of Better Business Bureau type association of providers. Hobbyists who saw that a provider was a member could rest assured they were going to get what they paid for. Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool idea and I think the code covers all the bases.

Edited by LickiLicki
mistake
  • Like 1

"• I will respect my client’s confidentiality, and not, under any circumstances, divulge the names or other identifying features of my clients."

Sorry, but if he commits a crime this would make me his accomplice and would put me in jail.

I would never sign THIS. Everything else seems to be OK.

Let's say, I had seen the CL murderer as a client before, I would be more than happy to tell everything to the police about him, including his name if I knew it.

Let's say, I had seen the CL murderer as a client before, I would be more than happy to tell everything to the police about him, including his name if I knew it.

if the circumstances were like that we would tell..thats a bit different then what i think they are talking about.

if the circumstances were like that we would tell..thats a bit different then what i think they are talking about.

Then they should include the circumstances....?

That made for a great read LickiLicki. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

I read an interesting list lately which I suppose could be defined as the Hammurabi Code for providers: http://tinyurl.com/c6yg8o

I think most responsible providers would agree with the gist of this list of do's and dont's but what I wanted to ask is whether you guys thought that this kind of code could be used as the basis for some kind of Better Business Bureau type association of providers. Hobbyists who saw that a provider was a member could rest assured they were going to get what they paid for. Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool idea and I think the code covers all the bases.

Just about every business or professional this day and age has a code of conduct or ethics policy in place. Notwithstanding the terms of the posted "sample" I think its a great idea in general.

It's a really good idea. Very real and tangible codes.

I have a tendency to assume that if a service provider is a member of CERB and has recommendations, then she is following this type of code, however many have proven me wrong.

So if an SP joins this SPBBB, do they get a number? Or a badge? Or a how do we know they are a member in good standing? How do they lose their standing, one complaint from a client? 3 strikes and you're out?

Who's going to police all this?

It could prove challenging.