CD Player And Music Advice

I think come the New Year I'm going to splurge and get a portable CD player to take with me on out calls to have some background music playing. Can you get detachable speakers for sony discmans, and if so, does anyone know how the sound quality is. Or are there other smaller portable cd players out there. I don't want to be walking through a hotel lobby carrying an oversized boom box with me LOL

Now as for music, and ladies, your opinion greatly appreciated (although all CERBite's may join in), what sort of music would you like to hear if you went to an out call. I know someone who can burn a disc or two for me.

Thanks in advance

RG

Laptops, Ipads what ever can play music just as well as a CD player, unless you don't have one. I have over 900 songs through Itunes ( I believe in paying for music not stealing it) So when I have a outcall or even an incall I will bring my Ipad loaded with music.

As far as music goes, anything from soft rock,jazz,country,blues and some pop.

I highly recommend 'NakedMusic presents Midnight Snack Volume One' playing from Start to Finish. (You can thank me later :P )

(sample) Natural High:

As well, I see adverts nowadays for small portable speakers you simply put on your phone to amplify the sound. Keeps it simple in the new millennium. Fits in your coat pockets, and just use the mp3s on your mobi. Lots of reviews out there for which ones are best quality.

Even make a YouTube playlist and play it anywhere you go with Internet access. On whatever device you or her may have. Lots of TVs can now get YouTube too.

Keep it groovy! ;)

• Like 1

This little speaker is awesome

http://www.amazon.ca/OrigAudio-Volcano-Portable-Capsule-Speaker/dp/B004R6H4RA

(You can get them cheaper than that - I got one for $15 at Canada Computers)

I was shocked when I heard it - I didn't think it would sound so good. I use one with my smartphone and it's excellent (all things being relative, of course).

PS: RoamingGuy, FWIW, get an iPod instead of a portable CD player. The truly teeny, $49 iPod Shuffle will hold several hundred songs; the iPod Nano will hold a couple of thousand for $150. Portable CD players at the Source are $30.

• Like 1

RG, you don't really need a CD player, just use your Galaxy Note to store music on. I use to have an mp3 player and now just use my phone.

I can store music and stream on my phone if i like (make sure you have the data for streaming though). If you have music on your PC then simply drag and drop to the phone...even Itunes music, if you use it.

All you would really need would be a speaker or maybe use the speakers on the TV and just require an audio cable.

Edited by conquistador
  • Like 1