Interesting article, but I have to disagree with the findings. Basically our prehistoric ancestors dealt with and overcame the obstacles of his environment and today man (and woman) deals with and overcomes the obstacles of his environment. It is in my opinion an apples and oranges comparison

True we may not have the same challenges of our prehistoric ancestors. But by the same token our prehistoric ancestors don't have the challenges of today's world

The only way to see if the assumption that our prehistoric ancestors are smarter is to put today's men and women in a prehistoric world, and put prehistoric men and women in today's world, which I realize is impossible

RG

Blame google.

15 years ago you HAD to remember something, or it was a hassle to find it in books...

now if you forget something you have your smartphone and you can just google it.

Also random question-how many phone number do you know today? I know 3, my own, my work phone and my parents phone...when 15 years ago I knew at least 2 dozens...

I do believe that we are smarter today overall as a species. In my eyes the advancments in technology is proof of that. But at the same time the world population has exploded and the earth is filled with people that have been protected from "Darwins Law of Evolution" thus creating a world population that has a higher percentage of dumb people that have been reproducing.

IMHO both theories have some merit.

• Like 1