Clients with Disabilities

This topic could overlap with several others, but I think it deserves its own thread.

I have a client with a physical disability. He's paraplegic, in a wheelchair. He can stand up, but he doesn't walk. He's fully functional and a lot of fun to be with. My incall location isn't wheelchair accessible. The first time I saw him, we met in a hotel. I've seen him in his home four or five times since then. He's charming, great to talk to, empathetic and very kind. He's also a great lover.

When he first contacted me, he asked whether I catered to special needs and explained his disability. We spoke on the phone at length before we met. He seemed a bit shy, and I had the impression both that he's mostly seen paid companions since he became disabled and that many others had turned him down. He feels he needs more help than most women would be willing to offer, but that's not my experience at all. I can't imagine why he wouldn't make a fine partner for a good woman.

What are others' experiences of clients with disabilities? What helped? What would you do differently? What do you need to know before you meet with the client?

• Like 5

Hi Sam, I too have a para. client who is also deaf. He's awesome! :) I love making people happy and sometimes people with physical disabilities need extra love and care and I am only too happy to please! I also have a client who is a 'little person' and I am 5foot7. :) We should not discriminate in this business or any other for that matter. It doesn't matter if people are a little different to me and I hope all girls would be compassionate as well. What if it was you? What if you woke up and were in a wheel chair for the rest of your life? You would want love and attention just like everyone else. Anyways I do have wheelchair access in my building so I am able to see just about anyone. And yes I would want to know before hand so I could be as accomidating as possible or be made aware of anything I need to be. (like medication ect)

I do not discriminate against ANY:

Religion, Race, Age, Ability, Size, Class.

I do discriminate against assholes!

• Like 4

Guest S***e

SE and CK:

Good for you...most laudible, thoughtful, professional and classy. My father was visually impaired and my childhood best buddy lost one of his legs from the knee down. Both were treated unfairly at times by many. Thanks very much!

Old Spike

I agree with Old Spice. More than often they are treated unfearly and that's true. I have a relative who have to be in a weelchair since a short time. Her situation/health is impaired since a while. I had to help her out to shop for a weelchair because at first she was affraid to go out alone. Since she takes a lot of medications, sometimes I have to keep an eye on her. It makes me worry. A taxi driver tried to abuse her physically once and I found this completely disgusting. I will have to go to court with her and support her. It is a situation I do not wish to anyone.

• Like 1

The link here:

http://www.tlc-trust.org.uk/index.php

deals with the issue. The site is wonderful. It should answer some of your questions.

A movie released in Australia and hopefully coming to Canada talks about it too:

http://www.scarletroad.com.au/trailer/

I should have searched first, but I started a thread on a similar topic here:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=298713#post298713

If anything, sex workers need to know that their work is valued.

• Like 1

I would very much like to expand my business so that I deal with primarily persons with disabilities. I just haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

I've had quite a few clients with disabilities over the years, though I think the most notable would be a client I saw recently, who was Deaf-Blind. He came to my incall with his home-care nurse, who had helped him get there. She was pretty great as well. Told me I was wonderful for doing this, etc. She didn't stay, just dropped him off and then came back to get him afterwards. I even learned the Deaf Blind manual alphabet (basically, you spell out words on their hand)--because we would otherwise not be able to communicate.

I have to say, it is an entirely different experience communicating entirely through touch.

In terms of what I need, I just need to know ahead of time what your specific needs are. With this particular client, I knew I was going to have to book extra time because it would take much longer to talk to each other.

• Like 2

I really want to salute you SPs who make the effort to accommodate clients with disabilities. Having a disability can be incredibly isolating, and I'm sure they really appreciate your compassion and company.

I walk with a cane when my arthritis is bad, so I understand what disability can do to your sense of self worth sometimes.

I have also served a couple of deaf clients recently, and have taken a couple of Kinky ASL workshops to accentuate the ASL I have ;)

Everyone needs love. Everyone. As the Beatles said - it's all we need.

Thanks for posting that link, Eric Northman. It's a pretty good piece!

I've never been contacted by someone's mother or father, but it wouldn't upset me if that were to happen. The disabled clients I've seen have been able to e-mail me directly.

I also see clients with disabilities and don't treat them differently than any other client. The way I see it is that they need attention and intimacy just like everyone else. :)

Guest ***nno**n***

I do see someone also that to the world would be considered disabled but I don't see them that way at all. As the other ladies have said everyone needs love and attention regardless of any physical differences.

I am very happy to say he is a regular and we have a great time together.

What I love to do is pamper and pleasure any man (and sometimes woman) that walks through my door.

As far as information needed ahead of time, if someone was dropping them off I would like to know that ahead of time, and if communication needed to be adjusted for them.

Shannon

Additional Comments:

[quote name=

I do not discriminate against ANY:

Religion, Race, Age, Ability, Size, Class.

I do discriminate against assholes![/quote]

Summer that is a fantastic quote and I wholeheartedly agree!

Shannon

Guest M*****le*****c-H***s (Reti

I can understand how a physical disability may knock someone's self confidence - but never give up hope that you could find a partner. Perfect example: Nick Vujicic. Recently married and I believe now has a child. :)