Feeling Sick... What's the best remedy?

Guest i***k***

Seem to have caught a bad cold yesterday! What's your best remedy for a stuffed up nose and sore throat? :)

flu.jpg

Nasal lavage and salt water gargle. That and a pretty nurse ;-)

Seem to have caught a bad cold yesterday! What's your best remedy for a stuffed up nose and sore throat? :)

flu.jpg

Edited by etasman2000
an -> and

Guest i***k***
Nasal lavage and salt water gargle. That an a pretty nurse ;-)

Nasal Lavage? You mean like spraying water up my nose?

awwww feel better!

myself I dose up the cold FX (even if I feel something has already started) and drink lots of green tea with honey and slices of raw ginger root in it. its a great natural antioxidant...and helps clear a stuffy nose in no time.

also remember to keep nourished even if your body is telling you it doesn't feel like eating/can't taste anything. soup is great for that (mum doesn;t lie! lol) and a nice bowl of hot soup can also help clear you up. lack of nourishment can affect your immune system and make your body weak to possibly getting worse.

best of luck!

*passes tissue* :-)

Lots and lots of vitamin C and some ginseng (boosts immune system) to get you fighting the cold and either a salt water gargle or tea with lemon for the throat (works every time).

Nasal Lavage? You mean like spraying water up my nose?

Spraying or breathing it up one nostril into the sinus cavity and blowing the water out. It clears the nasal passages and sinus cavity fast.

Hint: use warm water with a bit of salt in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_lavage

Personally just use cupped hands with warm running water.

The old Hot tottie trick...should have breathing in no time...

Ingredients bullet_arrow_up.gif

• 3/4 cup black tea
  • shot of whiskey
  • squirt of lemon
  • teaspoon of honey
  • cinnamon stick

Directions bullet_arrow_up.gif

1. microwave your black tea until hot. allow to steep for a little less than you would ordinarily.
  2. add the honey and the lemon, stir with the cinnamon stick. now the whiskey and stir again.
  3. enjoy!

Get some chicken stock, canned or box, cut and saute one yellow onion with small cut broccoli and carrots, about 2-3 mins, add 4 (minimum) crushed fresh garlic (don't use the pre-chopped), thumb size piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced and 6 (minimum) thai chili peppers, cut into tiny rings, make sure you use the seeds and do NOT touch them with your bare hands. Saute 1-2 more mins. Add chicken stock and udon noodles, bring to boil, then simmer 4-5 mins. Sprinkle with cubed green peppers (best souce of Vit C) and maybe a little sesame oil and enjoy! If you don't have thai chillis, use sriracha hot chili sauce (Cock brand is good ... insert joke here!). The strong flavors and smells will get your appetite going and your nose will run and you will sweat profusely, but an hour or so after you finish, your sinuses will be clear and sore throat soothed. Indeed the more chilis you add, the more endorphins will be released giving a much needed boost if you're in a funk. Even if you don't normally like spicy foods, do not omit the hot chilis. It always works for me, and 90% of the people I give it to.

awwww feel better!

myself I dose up the cold FX (even if I feel something has already started) and drink lots of green tea with honey and slices of raw ginger root in it. its a great natural antioxidant...and helps clear a stuffy nose in no time.

also remember to keep nourished even if your body is telling you it doesn't feel like eating/can't taste anything. soup is great for that (mum doesn;t lie! lol) and a nice bowl of hot soup can also help clear you up. lack of nourishment can affect your immune system and make your body weak to possibly getting worse.

best of luck!

*passes tissue* :-)

This is what i did the other day and it helped...no cold now...hehe

Drink a 26 of Crown Royal straight up....jump under some heavy blankets and you will sweat the damn thing out.....or when you wake up in the morning you will have such a hangover that you will forget you have a cold!

Cold FX for me, too! And when things are really bad, late at night, and I've already slept a lot and don't think I can sleep any more.... NeoCitran and cheap bar-quality scotch. :roll: