Happy Robert Burns day

Th'immortal bard dearly loved the lasses, 'tis true!

But while many will gladly give the man a toast tonight, and some may be fortunate enough to hear the pipes accompanying the noble haggis into a banquet hall, I must report, sadly, that so far my offer to give a significant discount to any kilt-wearing man has received . . . no takers. Nada! My additional enticement directed to pipers and drummers? No better luck, either.

What is this world coming to?

Had we never lov'd sae kindly,

Had we never lov'd sae blindly!

Never met--or never parted,

We had ne'er been broken-hearted . . . .

--R. Burns, "Ae Fond Kiss"

• Like 1

Guest a**4*

I am Irish decendent i love women whisky beer and good times good friends Happy Robert Burns Day cheers.....:chug:....:chug:to the Scottish

I think I'll be raising a glass of single malt or two tonight. Sadly, no haggis on the menu. I actually do like Haggis, though I acknowledge it's an acquired taste.

Porthos

• Like 1

My late aunt used to read me Tam O'Shanter and Halloween all the time growing up..imagine a 5 year old trying to understand ol Bobby..lol... I just remember asking her to read it again and again..lol ...she then read it to my sons. We inherited the book of his poetry and songs that was given to her in 1949 by her parents. nice memories.

• Like 1

I attended my first Robbie Burns' day this year and ate my first Haggis

I thoroughly enjoyed both

and now I am savouring a nice Macallan

• Like 1

My Mom's family came from Preble, Scotland so it is natural for me to squeeze my bag and skirl my pipe.

• Like 2

Scottish-games-300x300%20Smiley.jpgyes this is belated today but Happy Robert Burns day to the Scots :) what is it about an man in a kilt that makes women want to get under there? ;)

• Like 1

I went to an awesome Robbie Burns party last night with pipers and flowing whisky. It would have been even better if my favourite cerb girl had been with me...