The Art of Flirtation: Lost or Alive?

Nice Post! If only I knew that it was all about gum in my younger bar hopping days!:smile:

and on the subject of bar flirtation, if all else fails guys:

hehe

Guest S***e

What you are saying is pretty much the feedback I get from many of my female friends that younger guys, in particular, do not know how to flirt with a lady. Even when done correctly, it should be considered as "seasoning" in that too little isn't perceptable and too much spoils the taste or the mood. Being flirtatious can be fun, but it can definitely backfire especially in a work environment, e.g. the public service in Ottawa where a well-meaninged compliment no matter how tasteful can and does end up in a workplace harrassment complaint. I find the pendulum has swung the other way and I find I need to temper my flirtatious manner because of it. That said, I flirt and will continue to do so given the right time, right place and right person.

Old Spike

I dont think its so much the art of flirting thats dead...so much as the art of courtship.

any bloke at a bar can toss out a line or too or send a wink in a general direction (whether or not it works is another story) but maybe I'm old fashioned in thinking that flirtation today consists of far too many egos flirting with the idea that they need to impress a woman (or sometimes even bigger egos thinking that they dont need to at all and the very fact that they're talking to that lady should make her feel special)...instead of making her feel swept off her feet.

obviously not to toot my own horn but I get hit on a lot when I go out from random strangers, some flirtation I appreciate and some bring out the mean in me. But I think that some of the men today...no wait...boys today have lost the concept of what true flirtation actually demands of the individual flirting. a humble flirtation to me is far more productive than a peacock feather contest if you know what I mean.

hehe

What you are saying is pretty much the feedback I get from many of my female friends that younger guys, in particular, do not know how to flirt with a lady.

Yep, there's a fair bit of difference between rolling down the car window and shouting, "hey bitch, you lookin' hot, momma!" (actually happened to a friend of mine a week ago - she just laughed and told him to fuck off - lol) and telling someone "gee, you're not only really smart but you've got a great sense of humour as well."

I think i'm the world's biggest flirt...sometimes i don't even realize i'm doing it!

when i had to have the police over on a matter not to long ago he ended up giving me a hug b4 he left...lmao....i won't tell you where our conversation was going either...hahaha...i'm so bad but in a good way...:smile:

I think i'm the world's biggest flirt...sometimes i don't even realize i'm doing it!

when i had to have the police over on a matter not to long ago he ended up giving me a hug b4 he left...lmao....i won't tell you where our conversation was going either...hahaha...i'm so bad but in a good way...:smile:

Handcuffs? :shock: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Very funny video Annessa... now I know why it doesn't work out for me in the bars... I will stop using the "Romulan Ale" line! Well, maybe I will try that line on you some day dear trekkie :p

I dont think its so much the art of flirting thats dead...so much as the art of courtship.

any bloke at a bar can toss out a line or too or send a wink in a general direction (whether or not it works is another story) but maybe I'm old fashioned in thinking that flirtation today consists of far too many egos flirting with the idea that they need to impress a woman (or sometimes even bigger egos thinking that they dont need to at all and the very fact that they're talking to that lady should make her feel special)...instead of making her feel swept off her feet.

obviously not to toot my own horn but I get hit on a lot when I go out from random strangers, some flirtation I appreciate and some bring out the mean in me. But I think that some of the men today...no wait...boys today have lost the concept of what true flirtation actually demands of the individual flirting. a humble flirtation to me is far more productive than a peacock feather contest if you know what I mean.

hehe

OK, I come from a different culture, so please someone explain to me what is the difference between a flirt and a cock teaser? Because I hear the guys complaining about the latter a lot.

Don't you get blue balls when a woman is flirting with you? And why is it such a bad thing that this habit is dying out? LOL

I must say it is really hard to understand men. They don't make sense ;)

Do or don't you are damned......:)

Guest W***ledi*Time
what is the difference between a flirt and a cock teaser?

Flirting is a form of teasing that's all just good clean fun. There are no definite expectations of things actually going further -- and this is understood by both parties.

Cock-teasing is when the party with the cock does mistakenly think things may really go further, and gets all wound up, but finds himself woefully in error ...

Flirting is a form of teasing that's all just good clean fun. There are no definite expectations of things actually going further -- and this is understood by both parties.

Cock-teasing is when the party with the cock does mistakenly think things may really go further, and gets all wound up, but finds himself woefully in error ...

Thank you it makes perfect sense:)

And some idiots end up raping women because they say she asked for it. :(

Speaking of inappropriate flirting.....

At the gym where I go there used to be a 80+ year old man. He was in great shape, he said he was running marathons until his old age.

I thought he was a harmless old grampa when he started talking to me and I was naive enough to tell him things like good for him and that he is an inspiration for me.....

Then he started telling me about the affairs he had and that his wife doesn't mind as long as she doesn't know. Still, I looked at him like he was just being tasteless and is bragging.

Then all of a sudden he says "Oh, I would love to suck on those nipples."

Yuck. Talking about a slap in the face. You are friendly with somebody without any ulterior motives and he misreads your friendliness.

I felt like punching the jerk in the face first, but how do I explain slapping an old fragile guy who is so popular by the people in the gym? So I just looked at him in disgust and walked away.

He kept coming after me like a little poodle, apologizing. It was very annoying. I told him to get lost or I will tell the manager, but then again, there is no way of taking an old guy like that seriously as far as sexual harassment is concerned, and I am sure people would have thought I am fool or that he is such a wonderful stud for his age.

I didn't give him that pleasure, and after a few occasions he left me alone, but please, if you want to flirt, make sure the other person is receptive. And if you could be my grandfather, go to a seniors home, those ladies will appreciate your attention:)

Yes, I do see people this age as clients, but that is a different setting. If one of them says the same about sucking nipples, I will just think something like "dream on", no harm done.

But in a public place like the gym I want to be left alone to do my stuff.

I know that most guys will joke about how they want to be like that when they are old. Don't. Just imagine a 80+ year old woman telling you she wants to suck your dick and you will change your mind :)

Rant over.

Guest S***e

Anita:

He wasn't flirting with you. He was being crass, obnoxious and crude. If I were in the gym with you and we happened to strike up a casual conversation, I might say something along the lines of, "Congratulations in putting in all the hard work here as it definitely shows. Keep up doing what you've been doing as you look great." That, to me, is a sincere compliment and a mild form of flirtation. The 80-year-old was being a jerk and because of his age he felt he should be able to get away with it in my opinion.

Old Spike

Very funny video Annessa... now I know why it doesn't work out for me in the bars... I will stop using the "Romulan Ale" line! Well, maybe I will try that line on you some day dear trekkie :p

hehe we will sip romulan ale again soon and I will definitely recount my teenage days having gone to several trekkie conventions, and naming my son after a TNG Character ....alas that is all in my past.....but I sill love my Romulan ale......i prefer to call it Pinot Grigio now tho, lol

hehe we will sip romulan ale again soon and I will definitely recount my teenage days having gone to several trekkie conventions, and naming my son after a TNG Character ....alas that is all in my past.....but I sill love my Romulan ale......i prefer to call it Pinot Grigio now tho, lol

You named your son after a TNG character? I think I love you.

You named your son after a TNG character? I think I love you.

Totally cool indeed!

What's the name, if you don't mind us asking?

Noticing Annessa's strong character here on this board, I would bet... Worf :)

oh boy... the fiery Annessa asking me on a date to drink an illegal and potentially deadly elixir... Should I accept? :roll: And since it is impossible to find Romulan Ale in Ontarion Prime territory, we will have to warp to the other side of the barrier... where we will find a similar elixir of questionable legality named Absinthe...

If possible you are even more attractive to me after saying this!;) I am a very business oriented guy most days, but I have this inner geek core that I refuse to lose! I wasn't allowed to name my kids after anything cool, instead they got gaelic names:-?

Wesley ;-)

Damn, I was secretly hoping you named your son Jean-Luc. Hahaha.

je suis tres pas Francais , lol

i often thought "Riker" would have been a cool name ;-)

The *really* hardcore trekkies name their kids "Tiberius"... ;-)

I was going to name my cat Locutus. Not a kid, but still.