Looking For Fee Dial up Internet for Canadians

Hi,i happen searching the free dial up internet for canada but i couldn't find any there are many for the us so i was wondering if you guy know...if so please share... thanks:D

Hi,i happen searching the free dial up internet for canada but i couldn't find any there are many for the us so i was wondering if you guy know...if so please share... thanks:D

If you are in Ottawa there is the National Capital FreeNet where dialup is donation based. Not free but close.

http://www.ncf.ca/ncf/current/about/welcome.html

Freenet is available in Ottawa, but they do ask for a small donation once in awhile.

295.ca is only $2.95 a month which is what I pay plus taxes.

It works good;-):!:

I agree with cumquat...I mean is there actually still such a thing as "dial-up" available?

I used Ottawa Freenet years ago...I mean years ago...they were good then for what I used it for, but aren't you limited with what you can download with dial-up?

:roll:

for what I used it for, but aren't you limited with what you can download with dial-up?

You can download anything you only trade it for time.

There are still legitimate uses for dial-up. If all you do is email then dial-up is a good deal. Plus you might be outside the cable/adsl range and don't want to pay for satellite. In truth the Internet coverage in Canada is lousy because the phone companies want to control it. Local/municipal Internet has all but killed within the North American courts.

Sorry for the rant :roll:

You can download anything you only trade it for time.

There are still legitimate uses for dial-up. If all you do is email then dial-up is a good deal. Plus you might be outside the cable/adsl range and don't want to pay for satellite. In truth the Internet coverage in Canada is lousy because the phone companies want to control it. Local/municipal Internet has all but killed within the North American courts.

Sorry for the rant :roll:

I can down load anything it just takes more time a 2 hour movie takes about 8 hours to download. My updates take about anywhere from 2 mins to an hour depending how much I have to update.

If I was to down load a new poker site it would take about an hour and I clean or watch Tv while its downloading.

And It cost me about $40 a year instead of $50 a month.

I 'm on here mainly fot playing games on pogo and contests, which you really don't need Hi-Speed for:grin:8-):wink:

i'm on dialup and it's so slow i wouldn't wish that on anyone if you can get high speed get it not to much you can do on it