Does it Matter if the SP is a smoker or a non-smoker

However, a few times this winter I tried to quit and when I arranged for certain SP's to come over, I was anticipating bumming a cig almost as much as the rest of the date. One time I remember thinking distinctly that this is the best smoke I've ever had!

I think I remember joking with you that that was a pretty expensive cigarette delivery system, hehe

I'm non smoker since 7 years now ... but It doesn't bother me if someone smoke a cigarette in front of me ... But smoke smells is not what I prefere on a man for sure!

I think it shouldn't doesn't really matter.

I have seen both smokers and non-smokers in my time.

They ask if it is okay if possible and they will hold off til our meeting ends.

It's just a personal preference. When I do meet someone I know who smokes I try my best to accomodate them. It's getting harder and harder to find a hotel that allows smoking.

I tend to book longer appointments and I want to make sure my companion is comfortable as best I can. Windows that open, balconies all help. Sometimes you need to relax and enjoy.

Most women know how to adjust for the situation. I give them credit for making everything go well for us.

I have not smoked in almost 10 years so I have a hard time being around cigarette smoke, it knocks me out almost. As for my friends, well, I can tell who smokes and who doesn't even though they have tried to hide it...which I appreciate. As long as they use mouthwash, or gum, then that helps. What I have a hard time with is the lingering scent left on clothes...especially if it lingers on me. I would never refuse to see someone because they smoke, but I can certainly understand why a man would refuse to see a smoker.

This is an interesting thread.

I myself am a smoker but very few of my clients can tell. I use mouthwash and listerine pocket-sprays religiously...use hand sanitizer on my fingers right before a call etc... I've rarely smoked on calls where I was hosting and NEVER smoked on a call where I was the guest...unless the client was a smoker himself and partook in one.

Even tho I'm a smoker however I still hate it when a client reeks of smoke or his breath smells like an ashtray when he arrives after I have put in the effort to mask my smoker-image/scent.

Glad to hear that you are considerate enough to make the effort. Not all smokers are as conscientious or smart-thinking like you.

I had a short-lived working relationship with a smoking SP. I say short-lived because even though she ran an air purifier in her apt., it wasn't enough, it started to affect me and I always went home reeking of smoke, having to wash everything...my non-smoking clients who wanted duos with us, did like her, but not the smoke. She was not open to my feedback to not smoke in her apt., but because she had no balcony, felt she was entitled because it was her place. She's still around, but not sure how business is for her.

To everyone else, thanks for your feedback. It's interesting how some people are under the impression that most SPs smoke. I personally know 4 other SPs here in Ottawa, non of whom smoke. (One takes the occasional drag when she has a drink, but that's rare).

So I guess my questions have been answered.

My impression is like yours - most don't smoke - or have an occasional social cig.

But the minority who do can often be rather heavy smokers.

I'm not fussed about the health aspects - it's your life *but* I absolutely hate the smell. When it is bad like an ashtray, I usually am too turned off to perform - I even cringe to touch her skin. That being said, the few smokers that I do see are pretty discreet so I return.

I think if you have a problem with smoking or are sensitive, it is imperative that you make that very clear when calling an SP or service. I recently saw a girl who smoked and I had quit 3 years ago. It didn't bother me because she was clean about it. But if she wasn't, it's up to me to specify .

Glad to hear that you are considerate enough to make the effort. Not all smokers are as conscientious or smart-thinking like you.

I had a short-lived working relationship with a smoking SP. I say short-lived because even though she ran an air purifier in her apt., it wasn't enough, it started to affect me and I always went home reeking of smoke, having to wash everything...my non-smoking clients who wanted duos with us, did like her, but not the smoke. She was not open to my feedback to not smoke in her apt., but because she had no balcony, felt she was entitled because it was her place. She's still around, but not sure how business is for her.

To everyone else, thanks for your feedback. It's interesting how some people are under the impression that most SPs smoke. I personally know 4 other SPs here in Ottawa, non of whom smoke. (One takes the occasional drag when she has a drink, but that's rare).

So I guess my questions have been answered.

oy that must be tough to work with someone who believes its their right to have to make others deal with their addiction as well. I smoke on my balcony at my incall location. as i too hate the aftermath smell of stale cigarette smoke. heck I used to work in a bar back in the days when smoking was still allowed indoors and even after only having a few my laundry basket would make my house reek off ashtray at the end of the night...mmmm...sweat and cigarettes, not the best combo...even tho I didnt smoke in my house, no matter what kind of air freshener or purifier you use it doesn't cut that smell out and someone who is a non smoker is much more likely to notice it

I would intentionally seek out a SP that didn't smoke. I'm a life-long non-smoker, and I find that even the most conscientious woman still tastes like ashes...I may be over-sensitive in that regard, but I would prefer not to smell or taste even the slightest bit of tobacco.