CBC Radio One Interview

Hey everyone,

Tune into CBC Radio One Ottawa's Morning show tomorrow (FRI) at 745 am to hear an interview with myself and another POWER member.

We will be promoting Whores Hustle, the sex work pride party that's happening Sunday at Babylon, and as well, discussing the formation of POWER and what we've accomplished since forming.

cheers,

Erin

• Like 2

Good on you Erin for being so up-front with your work and your activism.

Also 0745 slot rocks! Anything from 0715 to 0745 is prime time on Ottawa Morning, which, with a 10-12 share in most BBM books the past several years, is the single most-listened to piece of radio real estate in the nation's capital, Canada's most competitive radio market. (Friday in the summer, the cumes are down a little in that day-part, but it's still a good go.)

(Media consulting is one of the things I do. lol)

Hey everyone,

Tune into CBC Radio One Ottawa's Morning show tomorrow (FRI) at 745 am to hear an interview with myself and another POWER member.

We will be promoting Whores Hustle, the sex work pride party that's happening Sunday at Babylon, and as well, discussing the formation of POWER and what we've accomplished since forming.

cheers,

Erin

Guest **n****er

Congratulations Erin.

You're a tribute to you proffession. Too often we get the negative images of the industry thrown in our face by the media and society as a whole. To have an SP as conscientious an willing to "bare all" as it were, is inspiring. I will tune in tomorrow on my way to work.

:)

I'll have to set my alarm to go off on radio just before that time else I'll never hear it...morning's suck! Will definitely be interesting I am sure...

I'll have to set my alarm to go off on radio just before that time else I'll never hear it...morning's suck! Will definitely be interesting I am sure...

Ha, think about me! I have to be up and at the station by 7:30am! I don't normally get up before 1:30pm!

This is wonderful. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch the live broadcast, but if it is online somewhere where we can listen online, please let us know!

good for you erin! I just found out that my 11am appointment just cancelled so being almost 4am right now I will most def set my alarm, wake up and check out your interview.....then crash again, lol

also, super excited for the party on Sunday!! i got a T-shit made for the event that says "I LOVE my job" on it! hehe. Babylons not gonna know what hit them when we take em on! ;-)

i got a T-shit made for the event that says "I LOVE my job" on it!

Best typo ever, almost spit up my breakfast after listening to the show ;)

Good job Erin, only complaint was that it was a typical CBC morning interview in being too brief. Gets the message out though and that's what is important.

I would like to echo buggernot's sentiments. I think Erin represented herself very well on the radio this morning. Plus she sounded WAY hot! It was like a sweet but yet early-morning throaty voice.

Hahahahaha. Thanks! I was sooooo tired this morning. And now I'm going back to bed.

good for you erin! I just found out that my 11am appointment just cancelled so being almost 4am right now I will most def set my alarm, wake up and check out your interview.....then crash again, lol

also, super excited for the party on Sunday!! i got a T-shit made for the event that says "I LOVE my job" on it! hehe. Babylons not gonna know what hit them when we take em on! ;-)

Amazing, I'll wear my "sex work is work!" tee and we can party like it's 1999.

Listened to the interview - well done. I am just sorry that I will be away when you are "shaking your fanny" at Babylon.

Best typo ever, almost spit up my breakfast after listening to the show ;)

Good job Erin, only complaint was that it was a typical CBC morning interview in being too brief. Gets the message out though and that's what is important.

hahahaha......aw man, thats what I get for typing at 5am!!!

of course I mean SHIRT! *giggle*

sweeeeeet! can't wait! :-)

Hey everyone,

cheers,

Erin

Heard the interview live Friday (June 19), morning on CBC ottawa.. Handled interview like a champ. Awesome. especially Erin's comment about "shaking XX"

Thanks everyone who listened. I was pretty nervous, and I didn't know what they were going to ask, so everything I said was on the fly. I just listened to it again myself and I'm pleased.

Thanks everyone who listened. I was pretty nervous, and I didn't know what they were going to ask, so everything I said was on the fly. I just listened to it again myself and I'm pleased.

You didn't sound nervous at all.

Thanks for doing this for the community :)

Just listened to it Erin, great job and very brave to put yourself out there in the public eye! We talk a lot on these boards about respect and proper treatment and you are out there trying to actually get that for you and your contemporaries...I tip my hat to that as it takes a great person to try and make a difference.