Hopefully coming to Charlottetown soon. What to do?

So I'm planning a trip to Charlottetown in April and providing I save enough money, I'm super excited to go. So Charlottetown folk what are the best things to do? Since I am going in April, I can't do any of the boat trips because they start in June or July. I want to have some good eats and fill my face full of lobster, good local food and wine. So what are the best restaurants or any hidden gems that may not be on the trip adviser websites.This is my first time planning a trip that is bigger than a weekend road trip, lol. I'm excited to have a lot of fun in Charlottetown.

You're in for a treat!

Charlottetown is a great culinary destination, and every restaurant is open in April. You are going to want to hit up Lot 30 (Kent and University), as it is the best spot you'll ever try ( menu changes all the time, but try the Pork belly!)

The Pilot house (Queen and Grafton) is great and famous for their Lobster Stuffed Chicken, and The Merchantman's pub (Queen and Water) has a great burger called "The East West" burger, that contains pickled ginger, and wasabi mayo...it's like digging into some sushi while consuming a delicious hamburger...it's incredible.

The fun part about April on PEI is that you can take advantage of PEI's Burger Love campaign that we have every year. It lasts one month, and many restaurants around here compete for the best, and most creative burger. If you are a burger fan, you are going to be amazed with all the choices here.

Finally, if you are in the mood for italian, there is nothing better than Siranella's. (Queen and Water.)

• Like 3

You're in for a treat!

Charlottetown is a great culinary destination, and every restaurant is open in April. You are going to want to hit up Lot 30 (Kent and University), as it is the best spot you'll ever try ( menu changes all the time, but try the Pork belly!)

The Pilot house (Queen and Grafton) is great and famous for their Lobster Stuffed Chicken, and The Merchantman's pub (Queen and Water) has a great burger called "The East West" burger, that contains pickled ginger, and wasabi mayo...it's like digging into some sushi while consuming a delicious hamburger...it's incredible.

The fun part about April on PEI is that you can take advantage of PEI's Burger Love campaign that we have every year. It lasts one month, and many restaurants around here compete for the best, and most creative burger. If you are a burger fan, you are going to be amazed with all the choices here.

Finally, if you are in the mood for italian, there is nothing better than Siranella's. (Queen and Water.)

Couldn't have said it better!! Lot 30 is one of the best in town for sure. The only thing I might add to the list, if your a pizza lover, try Famous Peppers. They are just up the road from Lot 30. Best pizza I have had bar none!

If you have free time on Saturday afternoon then check out the Blues Matinee at Globe World Flavors on Richmond Street, cover is by donation. Their Potato Martini is very good (not a drink) as is the rest of their menu, but get there by 1:30 or you wont have a place to sit. Live blues played by several talented people.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I have found a couple of things to do. Now I'm excited to get great food and who doesn't love a good burger, big smile. I'm looking forward to the Charlottetown experience. I love blues, so the live show would be great to watch.

Has anyone been here. What are your reviews about this place?

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g155023-d2201911-Reviews-The_Mack-Charlottetown_Prince_Edward_Island.html

Thank you so much for your helpful replies.

XoXo

Peachy/Val.

For local wine, go to any liquor store and try out our provinces own Rossignol Wines, or go to the winery in Little Sands!

http://www.rossignolwinery.com

For coffee try out Young Folk & The Kettle Black.

For lunch, try Leonhards bakery and cafe on University Avenue in Charlottetown.

Also I would recommend a trip to the Farmers Market next to UPEI on Saturda morning for some tasty food, coffee and local products.

Depending when you are here, there is always good live music happening check out the local arts paper The Buzz which you can pick up free everywhere, it has a detailed music and arts event listing every month), especially at Baba's Lounge (try out the sweet oblivion house drink!) and there is really good Lebanese food downstairs at Cedar's Eatery.

Good vintage clothes shopping at The Green Man Vinyl & Vintage and a great selection of local music is available on CD and Vinyl at Back Alley Music.

• Like 1

I have some research to do now guys. I'm confident that there are a lot of wonderful places in Charlottetown, even in April.

I am so so sorry, I have to postpone my trip to Charlottetown. I do have this town in my heart and I do plan on making my way up someday. When I plan on coming up I will announce my arrival in advance so the cerbies of Charlottetown can book in advance. Again please forgive me gentlemen.

Take care.

Until we meet.

XoXo

Peachy/Val.

Another vote for Famous Pepper's Pizza. It's all good!

I have to say the Big Orange Lunchbox (downtown University Ave.) has a unique and high quality menu. I haven't been disappointed there yet. And tip Brit the waitress extra well because she's just plain awesome. ;)

I'd head to Sims for a great steak. Ta Ke Sushi is great. I've never been disappointed at The Maple Grill. And Churchill's makes a killer British curry, but get it half and half (homemade fries and basmati rice.)

Would you allow me the privilege of showing you the town? :) It'd be nicer to show you than just offer suggestions.

Some Great Idea's on this thread...... coming his week to Charlottetown .... its the only city I haven't booked the hotel for on my first east coast tour .

Every where else for my east coast tour I've booked great upscale hotels, going to be there on Father Day & morning after (Monday) so don't want spend alot on hotel because of Father Day don't think I will be that busy , Holiday Inn express is $150 , something must be going on in town . Try to us my priority club points , but no room left .

So any suggestions for hotel in Charlottetown ?

What to do in PEI....well first eat lobster! Then....eat more lobster, then if you have room, eat clams! lol....

PEI is such a fun playground:) I love to see performance at Confederation center! They have a play all summer, Evagaline, about a true love story set in Acadian times:) I am sure will be an event that you will cherish and take home with you!

Not sure your dates, but Cavendsh Country fest has some big ticket concerts, June..5, 6, 7

Have fun!!

I can't wait to come to Charlottetown to eat lots of lobster and see how beautiful your town is. Ekkk, I'm so excited. It looks like there is a lot more to do in the summer than there is in the spring. Thank you so much guys for all the great ideas.

Charlottetown and all of P.E.I has a lot of wonderful things to do. The beauty of this island alone is enough to bring me back someday. What can I say, you guys are lucky to be living in the land of rubies and sapphires.

Charlottetown and all of P.E.I has a lot of wonderful things to do. The beauty of this island alone is enough to bring me back someday. What can I say, you guys are lucky to be living in the land of rubies and sapphires.

Glad you had a great time, I hope you were treated well and took advantage of all the island has to offer :)

I am coming to Charlottown April 25-29, 2022
can anyone recommend a kinky, Fetish friendly, and attractive female play partner for a couple of hours? 
Safe older gentleman just wants some play time. 

Edited by SirStorm69