Saint John is Dead?!?! Freddy better?

Idk what is happening, Saint John used to be such a busy place, now I am here and have not seen much of anything happening, considering making an overnight trip to Freddy.

• Like 1

I just dont get it??? We see..".Why so dead in STJ"...then girls take the plunge to go....yet sit there, same with Freddy and Moncton!!

All the while we see " has anyone met..." but yet those girls is not found on cerb:( Then all these stories about how it was sketchy in one way or another! But yet we have a cerb lady right here for ya!

I also see a threads asking for massage...ummm let me think??? Who in Freddy can provide massage???

It seems to me, that perhaps some hobbyist could plan in advanced a bit?? If you are looking for a reputable lady to visit in your city, most of us do advertise for a week before! So lets just take a minute and actually plan it instead of waiting for the last min to try to book? Last min booking DO NOT encourage a lady to vist, the ones who pre-book are the ones who will convince us to take the plung...but YOU NEED TO SHOW UP!!

IMHO....

I too tire of these tyes of threads....

• Like 7

From the Client's Perceptive,

Ladies, your running a business and clearly, there is a demand for your services. Please consider me as one of many examples. I do enjoy the services you provide however your services are not limited to pant's off to pant's on. Granted, that's the fun part. I appreciate the following skills,

1.The ability to schedule, don't throw an ad on the last page and wait for my call. You'll be too busy with the drunken sailor.

2. The ability to pick a quality location / hotel. I can blend in an upscale lobby in business attire but I can't stand outside knocking on your door looking over my shoulder.

3. The ability to keep me informed of your travel schedule. When our schedules meet up, It's great to know in advance and allows me to book in advance and gives me something to look forward to.

4. The ability to know your strengths. One example may be that most SP's are not great photographers. An i phone and a mirror is not considered a professional photo shoot. Post a professional photo and the quality of calls will come.

5. Work your regular clients. Trust is not something initially purchased however is something I will gladly pay for again and again. I pay for it in dollars, time and miles to see one of my regular SP's.

Well, that's it from my perceptive. Anyone providing these skills gets my attention and my dollars. Speaking of which, thanks to a quality provider sending me an email two weeks ago, including a professional photo, advising me that she will be in town at a quality hotel.....I had the most wonderful lunch date today.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 8

You posted this less than 24 hours after announcing your arrival to Saint John. You've been a member of CERB for 2 weeks and have 9 posts. Although I haven't searched I'm going to assume you don't have any recommendations.

Perhaps it might take some time to build a clientele?

this is a very good point. it does take time to make clientele and impatience will not do it. This job is a gamble, hit or miss. Somedays you make a bundle some times you're lucky to break even. You know this coming in so lean to take your gains and losses with a humble smile.

It seems to me' date=' that perhaps some hobbyist could plan in advanced a bit?? If you are looking for a reputable lady to visit in your city, most of us do advertise for a week before! So lets just take a minute and actually plan it instead of waiting for the last min to try to book? Last min booking DO NOT encourage a lady to vist, the ones who pre-book are the ones who will convince us to take the plung...but YOU NEED TO SHOW UP!!

IMHO....

I too tire of these tyes of threads....[/quote']

I also believe that our serious hobbysit population isn't there. Reading the posted ads Pre-booking and showing up will only help ladies to want to deal with you

• Like 4

Guest jrose

Ah, this old chestnut again. Must be 2 weeks since the last one, so time for it new again huh?

Both sides have valid points - SP's seem to tour in waves, with lots coming at the same time, and then no one shows for them.

As everyone sees, there is an active BP "community" for Moncton especially, but we see just as many B&S posts about BP ladies that don't post here. As someone who has connected with several lovely ladies on here, and had nothing but issues with BP I agree with the SP's here saying we should stick to CERB.

I have found that last minute planning, to be honest, sucks :)

I have found that last minute planning, to be honest, sucks :)

Last minute planning does suck on either end lol. But sometimes you luck out when you get a no show you can give that apt away

Guest jrose
Last minute planning does suck on either end lol. But sometimes you luck out when you get a no show you can give that apt away

I suppose when it works out it has the rush of things falling into place, so to speak. But most times it turns out to be an epic fail :(

[quote

Perhaps it might take some time to build a clientele?

I am based in Saint John. It's far from dead for me. I have a great clientele. Just takes time.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

Saturday turned out a lot better. I apologize if I offended anyone with this thread. Planning another visit soon...met some wonderful people. Can't wait to go back. <3

Like all cities in the Maritime except HRM, Saint John is not a metropolis. It is an industrial city. Its population is eclectic with a variety of income levels. The economy is what it is, not as strong as it could be but coming along.

I hope everyone forgives my tangent. I agree with a lot of what the cooler heads have added to this thread, but I cannot resist the setup. To me Saint John looked and felt like an an oceanfront Scranton. Highway right through it, gravel pits and other industrial areas climbing up the hillsides right next to awkwardly placed condos and apartments. So, for you fans of the American version of The Office, just picture the long lost episode where Michael Scott hilariously tries to meet up with a SP! Oh, the misuse of acronyms, the text message hijinx, Dwight's "recommendations!"

Full disclosure, I live in a town of less than 1,000, so I judge neither Scranton nor Saint John for their big city dreams and little city realities.

• Like 1

I hope everyone forgives my tangent. I agree with a lot of what the cooler heads have added to this thread, but I cannot resist the setup. To me Saint John looked and felt like an an oceanfront Scranton. Highway right through it, gravel pits and other industrial areas climbing up the hillsides right next to awkwardly placed condos and apartments. So, for you fans of the American version of The Office, just picture the long lost episode where Michael Scott hilariously tries to meet up with a SP! Oh, the misuse of acronyms, the text message hijinx, Dwight's "recommendations!"

Full disclosure, I live in a town of less than 1,000, so I judge neither Scranton nor Saint John for their big city dreams and little city realities.

As someone who resides in the city you speak of, I take great offence to your post. (Yes I CHOSE to move here)

The city has old world historical charm with a lovely Fundy view through out uptown. It is a mix of old and new and has a very welcoming feel. the city is easy to navigate and all streets uptown lead to water. As well come springtime the city is a HUGE draw for cruise ships with 1-3 on any given day. I am just guessing that you forgot to mention these strong points of this city when you decided to trash it in your above post?

Sure it has some mish mashed road systems and the graveyards have no fences, and yes there is a refinery smack dab in the middle of the city (but its the same in Edmonton). These are all things that add to the charm and romance of the city.

Maybe you need to have another trip to Saint John to see what you missed? Clearly comparing such an amazing city to such a god awful show such as the office is just plain wrong.

Saint John, is one of the best cities for Sp's to visit in New Brunswick, for business people to travel too and for people to live in. People here are kind, friendly and proud of where they come from.

• Like 5

I hope everyone forgives my tangent. I agree with a lot of what the cooler heads have added to this thread, but I cannot resist the setup. To me Saint John looked and felt like an an oceanfront Scranton. Highway right through it, gravel pits and other industrial areas climbing up the hillsides right next to awkwardly placed condos and apartments. So, for you fans of the American version of The Office, just picture the long lost episode where Michael Scott hilariously tries to meet up with a SP!

This is so cool!!! I just realized that indeed ignorance can be bliss! You quoted me and then you went on your tangent. The thing is, I have no idea what you are talking about because I do not know what the Office is. I assume it is a TV show. I could not tell if you are trashing Saint John or praising it. So you see, sometimes ignorance is bliss. What I did know is that if you are trashing Saint John, you would be hearing from Miss Emily Rushton, and sure enough you did. Thanks Em, you have our back!

I assume Scranton is Scranton, Pennsylvania. The best connection I know of between Saint John N.B and Scranton Pa is that in 2001 the magnificent Saint John Flames AHL hockey club dumped the Wilkes Barrie-Scranton Penguins in the best of seven final and won the Calder cup as the AHL champions. See what I just did there? if you don't know what is going on around you.. talk sports. It always works for me (lol)...

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to offend, just draw humorous parallels.

Both are around 70k. My guess is that Saint John used to be famous for some sort of industry that ain't quite what it used to be. And, though I doubt Scranton has much charm, I bet if you replaced one bordering range of low-slung mountains with the ocean, it would improve it's tourism too. That's all I was saying.

As far as The Office, the American version is much nicer to Scranton than the British version is to Slough(?) which is treated as a punchline unto itself for it's bland suburban nothingness.

I guess my humor (humour?) failed to land. My apologies.

Saint John is a Great place to live/work IF your name is Irving or you are acquainted closely with that "name".

I lived there for 8 months and honestly hated about 90% of my time there. The last straw for me was being at a bar where a coke head decided to take a few shots at me and a friend. And by shots I mean he had a riffle in his car and loaded up a few rounds.

People think SJ is a city, but what it really compares to is a corporation, everything there exist because the Irvings money is there. Take that away and so ends SJ.

Individual experiences may vary as Emily posted above. There are positives and negatives to every town, sometimes when all you see/experience is the negatives it makes it difficult to see the positives.

I will take your parks any day of the week though!

• Like 1

Guest jrose

You know, I could see how someone coming into Saint John as far as the shopping center area, via Rothesay Drive might think it was a industrial city.

That same person would fly into downtown Toronto Airport, look south over the lake and say "wow this city is very wet".

Saint John is a great city - especially in the summer months. I would take downtown Saint John over the waterfront in Halifax any day (please don't bash me on that one :) ) Halifax is always full of things to see, and folks rushing around. Saint John is a little more ... relaxed I guess...

I used to live in SJ.... loved it there...seriously considering moving back. Every city has good points and bad points. ..but u take the good with the bad. Can't wait til my next visit. ..hoping to amend the idea that anyone may have of me not liking the city... also have a really great gf there that I worked with before. ..so will be able to offer my duos and specials... there will be more planning for my next trip. And any and all who want to trash SJ. ..see any of the SPs here and I am sure you will change your mind ,)

• Like 1

To the op of this thread I can understand the point of your post and as someone who knows Saint John well I didn't take it as you were putting the city down. Nor was I insulted by the poster who made the comment comparing it to a scenario from the office. Some people equate a city with their experiences and memories developed in it. If they had a good time it'll be a good city if not it won't be so great. Whats wrong with having different opinions? Some like Saint John some don't. We all should be able to discuss what we like and don't like and be humorous about it as well. Not all humor is funny to some either, but still we should be able to express it-shouldn't we:icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

To the op of this thread I can understand the point of your post and as someone who knows Saint John well I didn't take it as you were putting the city down. Nor was I insulted by the poster who made the comment comparing it to a scenario from the office. Some people equate a city with their experiences and memories developed in it. If they had a good time it'll be a good city if not it won't be so great. Whats wrong with having different opinions? Some like Saint John some don't. We all should be able to discuss what we like and don't like and be humorous about it as well. Not all humor is funny to some either, but still we should be able to express it-shouldn't we:icon_biggrin:

I am having a hard time to wrap my head around...don't like a city...therefore I may not like the SP's that are there or visit there?? I don't think any ONE SP represents if a city is cool or not, rather Do YOU like that SP? I dont get it?

Like for me, Halifax is not my favorite city to visit or work in, but does not mean in anyway that I do not like my hobbyist that I have encountered there. I just do not care for that city in general....no worries Cristy...I like you tho hahaha

• Like 1

Whats wrong with having different opinions? Some like Saint John some don't. We all should be able to discuss what we like and don't like and be humorous about it as well. Not all humor is funny to some either, but still we should be able to express it-shouldn't we:icon_biggrin:

Absolutely correct. For the sake of clarity my second post was meant to be all humour poking fun at myself for not knowing about the Office and the tendency to change the subject to sports when i do not know what is happening. Greenacres99 explained he was also being humourous. I did not mean to accelerate the conversation to a debate on Saint John. This thread has gotten way beyond Julzie's original thread and she has explained that. So what do you say! We call it a day on this? But for the record the Flames really did thump the Penquins in 2001,and since then the Seadogs have won two Presidents trophies and a Memorial Cup.

Edited by Z***ou**U
spelling
  • Like 1

Never worked for an Irving company in my life and I've made a very good living here in Saint John for quite a few years.

8 months, that long?

Good point, these kinds of things just don't happen in bars in other cities.

Irving is a big part not only of Saint John but the Maritimes. You obviously have a narrow minded opinion of the city and I doubt anything will change that, it's probably best that you've moved on.

Your financial existence exist because Irving is here, once you embrace that thought, you'll start discovering how wide spread Irving is. They control over 300 companies directly, and many more indirectly. You may not work directly for them but trust me you cannot get away from Irving in the maritime period.

I've lived in Fredericton for 10 years after SJ, it's only marginally better. But I have not had anyone try to kill me here yet.

• Like 1

I am a Semi- new Saint Johner. I moved here 4 years ago from Halifax and I have had no regrets what so ever. I would never move back and that's saying a lot as I was born and raised in Halifax.

I love it here, I feel safer here for myself and children. The people here are amazing and of course there are a few bad apples but isn't there everywhere?? I have never seen this town in my eyes as industrial, I live in the uptown are and think it is beautiful in the summer and winter. If you take the time to be involved in your surrounding there is even more beauty.

As a SP here in Saint John I have good weeks and bad weeks as I am sure happens everywhere. I however do know it is disappointing when you visit a city and there is little business and it does come out of your pocket for the trip but that's a gamble in this business.

I understand some trips people make are last minute but I'm sure if the effort is put to well planning and giving as much notice as possible and asking hobbyists to book ahead of your trip, that could give you a good idea if is worth your time and cost to travel (not saying all booked appointments will show but the gentlemen here on CERB are awesome).

Also if one trips turns out to not be so worth it, don't let that stop you from going back as things could be very different your next visit.

• Like 4

Thanks to the couple of folks who defended me. Again, I was trying to be funny. Compared to what was written before and after my post, I was a little disturbed that mine was considered offensive. I said nothing of the people, amenities, services, culture, crime, hospitals etc. I merely stated that if you drive past Saint John it resembles Scranton from a geographic and economic history perspective. I thought it obvious that no sane person would actually judge and condemn a city based solely on the evidence gathered at 65mph. And of course, saying "if Scranton was oceanfront" is like saying "we would have won if that shot had gone in".. That's a big what-if and is kind of a ridiculous mental exercise aka not worthy of serious reflection.

The reason I quoted Zealous4u is because there are probably 30 similar sized cities in N. America that you could say that about. Are they all as old as Saint John? No, but they all had pretty much the same 20th century, ending with a cratering of population sometime around the 70s. Does that make them the same? No. Are they similar? Look at these pictures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Saint_John,_NB,_skyline_at_dusk8.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Downtown_Scranton.JPG

Saint John's got the ocean and Scranton's got more trees. Again, I wasn't even talking about the "downtown" just the hillside sprawl. Also again, I live in a tiny town, so all hillside sprawl looks repulsive to me--doesn't mean I feel a particular animosity toward Saint John's or Scranton's.

Finally, the reason I had to make the post is because I had made the SJ = Scranton + Ocean joke in my head almost two years ago when I first went there. This thread's mix of upset SP's, flaky clients, blanket generalizations, Zealous's defense, etc. all seemed like a bad storyline on a show about a small fish in small city who thinks he's a big fish in a medium city. The fact that show has been neither good nor funny for about five years ago fueled my very sarcastic show pitch.

[drops the mike emphatically... crowd is silent, nervous looks exchanged, VERY uncomfortable silence followed by weak smattering of applause..]

• Like 1