Toronto too and surounding area. excellent places and lots of them. Continuos entertainment on stage, table dancers everywhere, lap dancers everywhere. no cover charge, drinks are reasonably priced. You pay the girls for table or lap dances. It`s awesome. God I miss that town. But it`s really hard not to spend all the money you have with you and head for the atm for more.

I dropped over $200 in Teasers the night I was in there, if that is cheap I guess that is what I am, it's SP's from now on for me more bang ( hehe) for your buck.

I was making a general observation and did not mean to offend any fellow winterpeggers or cowpoke. There are plenty of people that drop a wad of cash at a bar every weekend without a second thought. I don't dispute that.

But we're talking stripclub and my definition is a club that provides continuous live entertainment which Teasers and S-City do not. If I go to a stripclub it's to see women perform on stage, not to watch patrons fill-in the 30 min snooze fest between the dancers. The majority of guys I know would rather go to a reg bar or so-called stripclub where the beer is only $5 instead of dishing out $10 a beer at a quality club. Therefore, there aren't enough patrons to sustain quality clubs in Wpg and those that sell their beer too cheap eventually share the same fate (Boomer's, Club Paradise). Simple economics.

And I totally agree with SPs giving you more bang for your buck (my 10% commission notwithstanding :lol:).

But it`s really hard not to spend all the money you have with you and head for the atm for more.

When you have good entertainment, the rest just follows.

Winnipeg in nature is a penny pinching town. Hence why the recession hasnt hit us horribly like other major cities. I am a Winnipegger for life most likely unless hell freezes over. That being said, I have seen the strip clubs in town deteriorate. I havent been in Sin City yet. Most likely soon. Comparing the Montreal and Toronto scene to Winnipeg is a poor assessment. Our clubs have never been to their caliber. Teasers was great in the day, and now have become a hangout for friends of those that work there. Club Fantasy was a favorite because of its atmosphere. Its a bloody shame it closed. The other clubs all had their own clientele usually the locals near the club.

I just got back from Las Vegas where I tend to explore the clubs there. I dont goto the big clubs but instead the smaller ones. The ones locals goto. Why, cause they remind me of the ones at home. What is allowed in the clubs there, and in Montreal are extreme to the ones here. Lapdances and VIP room sessions are what make strip clubs popular. The lack of those in Winnipeg, I believe, is why the fail here. There is no direct contact are closeness in town when it comes to the clubs. So I can see why SP would seem, no is, a better place to put your money.

Not wanting to pee on anyone's tree with my comments. Just observations. Love the SPs in town and will try to use them when i can scrounge the cash together for a visit.

Goodnight folks.

-F

I don`t think money has anything to do with it. If you want to call yourself a stripper bar you should have strippers preforming continuously at the very least. Who wants to go sit for 45 minutes to watch a 10 minute show. If what we are looking for is provided you will always be busy no matter what the cost. I guess it takes someone to realize that and provide the service to actually reap the benifits.

Who wants to go sit for 45 minutes to watch a 10 minute show.

I agree! If I go to the strippers chances are I am there to see the ladies. Though I will admit I have seen some decent shows at Teasures over the years.

I agree I don't mind paying if what I am paying for is good but if they are just going through the motions and not enjoying themselves maybe they should go be a greeter at wallmart.

Just a little FYI for you guys... some teaser's girls (mostly waitresses) do private shows.

What passes for a "private show" in Winnipeg? When I was there, you could get personal dances on a smaller stage at the back of the room, but anyone can watch and there was no contact. Where as in Ottawa and Montreal, you can actually go to a small private room and have a girl dance for you. What happens in that room is between you and the girl, but there is a big difference between a Winnipeg private show and a private show out east.

I`m hoping the bar owners are following this thread, then maybe we can get some improvements. till then I`m sticking with our beautiful local ladies from EC. They`ll come out and dance for me and more anytime I want..

Solid Gold (formerly Gentleman's Club) is the only place I personally feel comfortable taking my clients to.

I've tried Teaser's and Sin City, but always felt uncomfortable there (as did my clients).

One afternoon I took one of my favourite clients to Teasers (a regular CERB contributor) and we were afraid for our safety. The characters who filled the bar were very rowdy and rough.

A $7 cover charge and $5 per drink isn't bad considering that the place is quite nice for Winnipeg standards.