Things That Make You Go AHA!

As I move through life I sometimes hear or read things that touch me in a profound way. They change my perception, thought process or the way I behave. I love those little gems that come out of nowhere as if they were made just for you. I wanted to share a couple of mine and hope others might do the same so that maybe more of us can't enjoy an "AHA "moment. Here are three of my more recent ones:

It's a challenge to see every problem as a lesson and approach it positively asking what can you learn from it but to do this gives us power by helping change our perception and then problems that arise, shrink in size.

Honesty and full disclosure are two separate things. Honesty means what you say is true and to me this is very important. Full disclosure means to say everything there is to say. I own my information so if I chose not to share it because it has no impact on you, I'm not being dishonest I'm simply indulging my privacy. A secret shared between individuals that has no bearing on anyone else and is not told, is NOT dishonesty, it's privacy. I am finding more people think full disclosure is honesty and when you don't share everything, it's dishonesty. This is untrue.

Children are people and individuals. They are not property. They deserve the same respect you would grant any adult and they will learn and give respect as an adult. If you wouldn't do/say something to an adult than don't do/say it to a child, find a better way. We give more patience to older people trying to maintain control than we do to those learning it when it should be equally important and deserved. It's a difficult lesson to put into practice but worth it.

• Like 4

I am finding more people think full disclosure is honesty and when you don't share everything, it's dishonesty. This is untrue.

Well said, you just gave me an AHA moment-thank you

• Like 1

Just giving this a a little bump as I may have been a bit to BIG in my original concept. Simply put I'm wondering about those gems of wisdom that have changed your perception or way you move through life. They don't have to be big as greatness also comes in small packages.

Advice, wisdom, some important piece of information that guides you through life. So many amazing people here on CERB, share your personal wisdoms?

• Like 1

Someone said this to me and it made me think. There's no permanent like temporary. Of course I had a you suck sulky moment when I heard this but it did make sense.

I've had a few aha moments since joining cerb most have come after I've read and reread some of Cats, Samantha Evans and Fortunate ones posts.( They are all very good guides) I tend to write with one meaning in mind and realize even though I know what I mean others may read it differently, none of us interpret things the same,thats a big aha. Also I've finally realized after all this time just because someone portrays themselves to be one way doesn't mean they are, thats another big aha. The wonderful thing about life is there is always something new to be learned that is relative no matter the activity. So no matter what you do you'll never waste time if you have learned something while spending it. :biggrin:

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 2

It's pretty simple, but people never tire of hearing how awesome they are and how much you appriciate that your life has been graced with their presence. Tell everyone that has impacted you that they have done so. This tends to have a pay-it -forward type effect too.

(This is not reflected in comments like, "your hot, or I love your ass" thats just a little thoughtless and crude) However if you know that the person has gone to considerable effort to make themselves physically appealing for you saying, "My god I can't take my eyes off you. You're a vision of Aphrodite and the hottest thing I have ever seen" and genuinely meaning it will do the trick too.

• Like 2

You're probably looking for something a bit more complex than this, but the world could generally be a better place if people would remember the simple rules of two wise philosophers:

:)

• Like 2

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best

of everything they just make the most of everything that comes

along their way.

Never allow someone to be your priority while you're just their option.

• Like 3

I love it when some people who "never let a few details get in the way of a good story" or "never bother to collect facts when they can simply jump to a conclusion" get reality life's check.