Benefits of Sex

Well, I just came back from the gym and it got me wondering about one of the great aspects of sex and that is the calories you can burn and also the benefits it has on the human body. We are constantly bombarded on T.V., the Internet, radio, etc about try this diet, or this exercise program. Yet, I have not seen how sex burns about the same amount of calories as running 3 km's and how it is a great form of exercise! Geez, if you have sex twice a day your burning close to 750 calories and walking around with a smile on your face! I don't see many joggers smiling after they finish a session! Also, when you're in a committed relationship sex can start to fall away in terms of the amount you get each week or month and I could never understand that? Maybe because it is so easy to get, or people get lazy, I don't know, but it is a good form of exercise to compliment your other forms of working out. So, I say "here's to sex and the calories that it burns" and may you have many a great workout today!

• Like 2

Great topic! This is also something of interest to me too. The benefits are far more than just burning calories too! It can positively affect our immune system, stress, pain, cardiovascular health, sleep patterns, our overall well being and mood, and so much more. I actually did a bit of reading about it last month and posted some of my most basic and obvious findings on my blog. It truly is a cure all! :-)

• Like 3

Hey, and there are all sorts of parallels between exercise and sexercise.

- Missionary = pushups

- Cowgirl = ab crunches or bench press

- Doggy style = rows

- BJ + DATY + FS = triathlon

- You can do sprints or a marathon. Both have pros and cons.

I prefer exercise with a partner but unfortunately I mostly exercise alone.... ;-)

• Like 1

Sex makes me in such a wonderful mood. If being happy is the only benefit, I'm fine with that. However, it's good to know that there's some extra bonuses associated with sex. Who need vitamins or exercise, lets just...... all day, big smile.

This thread just gave me an idea !!!

I am trying to quit smoking .... so new plan is to only smoke after sex....I will be quit in NO TIME !!! ;)

I guess you could call that a benefit ??

I am trying to quit smoking .... so new plan is to only smoke after sex....I will be quit in NO TIME !!! ;)

That's not a good way of quitting smoking. That's a good excuse to see many cerb ladies. Puff, puff, smoking just got more expensive for Lee.

It's almost allergy season, and the fastest cure isn't Claritin or Allegra.Sex instantly tells my system to take it easy, instantly clears all passages every time on call. My head becomes clear as day right there. And I'll be good for the day.

When its spring, getting sprung is the only cure.

I agree with Peachy. I am a much happier person because of sex.

The other benefit to me for engaging in the hobby is the motivation it gives me to take better care of myself. Since starting in the hobby, I have lost over 40 lbs. I am probably in the best shape I have been in since I was 30....and that was quite a while ago. I now play hockey, ride bike, golf and work out about 5 days a week.

Thanks girls and other fellow cerbites.

Additional Comments:

I don't smoke before sex or after sex...only during sex.

Cheers

• Like 1

I would say I'm definitely much healthier overall since my beginnings as a service provider! I obviously chalk it up to all the awesome sex I'm having -- I've never hit the gym before but I've found I have more stamina than ever before in my life! :) But the physical aspect of it doesn't even compare to the chemical release...my days have been a lot more joyous, although perhaps that is the Spring breeze too!

• Like 1