Okay newbies far too many Pete's-find another name when joining cerb

All these members ONLY 39 posts total between them all.

There are FAR too many Pete's! Peter's, and the other Pistolpete23(imposter) with zero posts! NEWBIES pick a new name!

Or perhaps I should poll the ladies to change my name, those of course spent time with me...

thoughts on subject?

How often does anyone join a site and check out what all the user's names are first? You go with the first thing that comes to mind and if it's not available, you add a number or something to it. And really, if they only have 39 posts between them compared to your 2000(!), nobody will be getting you confused ;) And this will always happen if you pick something that's common to start with like Bulldog or hotguy69

Posted via Mobile Device

How often does anyone join a site and check out what all the user's names are first? You go with the first thing that comes to mind and if it's not available, you add a number or something to it. And really, if they only have 39 posts between them compared to your 2000(!), nobody will be getting you confused ;) And this will always happen if you pick something that's common to start with like Bulldog or hotguy69

Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with your comments, my reasoning for posting was hopefully any newcomers (which is happening alot right now) will read this post here or on EC.

Perhaps MOD could move it to the NEWBIE section!

Little reason behind Pistolpete for ME...

yes Pete is my name..the PistolPete came from 3 areas that I enjoy in life

1) sports... all types of course, lately more indoors with ladies!

2) Life stories such as Frank Eaton

3) Swimming..check out men's wear swim suits at

www.pistolpete.com

PistolPete - Is around same height and weight as myself

Full Name: Peter Press Maravich

Born: 6/22/47 in Aliquippa, Pa.

Died: 1/5/88

College: Louisiana State

Drafted by: Atlanta Hawks (1970)

Transactions: Traded to New Orleans, 5/3/74; Signed with Boston, 1/22/80 maravich_100.jpgNickname: Pistol Pete

Height: 6-5; Weight: 200 lbs.

Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1987); All-NBA First Team (1976, '77); All-NBA Second Team (1973, '78); All-Rookie Team (1971); Five-time NBA All-Star; One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996). Complete Bio | Summary

Pistol Pete

New Mexico State’s mascot, known as Pistol Pete, roams the sidelines at Aggie games. But the name Pistol Pete comes from a real western gunman in the late 1800’s named Frank Eaton. As a child, Eaton’s father was killed by the four Campsey brothers and the two Ferber brothers, all members of the Regulators. By the age of 15, Eaton had become a quickdraw and a marksman, but went to Fort Gibson, a cavalry fort in the northeast part of Indian Territory, to improve his shooting skills. It was at the fort where he gained the nickname Pistol Pete. In a fair gunfight in 1881 in Albuquerque, Pistol Pete killed the last of the six men responsible for his father’s murder.

http://www.topdrawers.com/mens-swimwear/pistol-pete-mens-swimsuits.html

Well if you do choose another name, I think a more appropriate basketball reference would be WiltTheStilt...you close to 20,000 yet? ;)

The important people know who you are pete don't let the newbies get you down NOBODY will replace you hun.

No one checks the members list before registering and no two people can have the same name (the system does not allow that) .... and let's face it, Peter / Pete is a very popular name.

If someone comes and calls themselves "PistolPeter" or "spud228" or "dumpy" (you get the point) than I would step in and ask them to change the name (and I have done this for other names in the past).

when I first came to this board...there was a member called "Antlerman" and he created a bad name for this "antlerman"..........no capital in front........

I was actually put on a banned list...thank God a few ladies stepped up for me........

At least the newbies thought about a name...when I joined I thought I would read a few things then never come back, definitely not post...so I chose a crappy name that is a mix of ones I use on other 'mainstream' boards.

Now I visit daily (and post a lot) and curse my board name that means abso-freaking-lutely nothing! Now I generally just wonder what I would choose if I were to have thought about it at the start.

• Like 1