Guest S***e

Agreed. I've had some fine encounters as a result of a CL ad or a newspaper ad, yet I rely on my judgement, intuition and experience to vet out any possible unpleasant situations and I know that you do likewise. If something doesn't sit right with you, chances are your intuition is bang on and you move on accordingly. That said, caution should always be exercised and one should never put themself in harms way.

lol. nice.

i advertise on CL very rarely and mostly during slow seasons. I have actually met some really great clients from there. but I do agree that some...well, MANY bad apples make it a bad place for us....many girls will also say that only sleazes look on CL for girls tho, yes I have encountered some time wasters, but I have also found many great honest clients and couples there (or rather, THEY found ME there, lol)...its a strange double standard (or whatever the proper word for it is) ......

as with any situation, there will always be a better solution to finding the answer you're looking for....it shouldnt mean however that exceptions can't be found in the place least expected...be it client or SP :-)

When I first started advertising on CL 4 years ago, there were maybe 10 or so ads per day. But then again CL was not very well known yet in Canada. The other day, I counted over 100, many of which were repeats of the same ad.

Unfortunately like the MOD suggested there are many bad apples who advertise there and who go there to troll, but that is the chance you are taking on a free site.

Looking at Cowboy Kenny's diary recently, it's not getting much better. Like Annessa, I have been fortunate in that I have met some very nice gentlemen from CL, but I agree, moderated sites like CERB and EC are a better way to go.

Guest S***e

Absoutely...things have definitely changed over the years and your observations and conclusions are well founded Angela.

When I first started advertising on CL 4 years ago, there were maybe 10 or so ads per day. But then again CL was not very well known yet in Canada. The other day, I counted over 100, many of which were repeats of the same ad.

Unfortunately like the MOD suggested there are many bad apples who advertise there and who go there to troll, but that is the chance you are taking on a free site.

Looking at Cowboy Kenny's diary recently, it's not getting much better. Like Annessa, I have been fortunate in that I have met some very nice gentlemen from CL, but I agree, moderated sites like CERB and EC are a better way to go.

I've received two emails about this and once 325i returns my PM it will be 3 sources all with the same story. I've gone ahead and posted the warning on my blog. Thankyou 325i you did the right thing by sharing but more so for not trying to be a hero, just get out and be happy you were unhurt.

This is going to happen to the wrong "Hobbyist" who is just going to get the "Uncle's" ass.

This is going to happen to the wrong "Hobbyist" who is just going to get the "Uncle's" ass.

And said "Hobbyist" gets in trouble with the Law for causing bodily harm.