I just wanted to say that my thoughts go out to the people in Boston and to the family's of everyone hurt and killed where ever they are from. there were over 2000 Canadians there as well. i welcome every one to give their best wishes to everyone there and to anyone on cerb who knows anyone there as well.

This should never happen anywhere or to anyone in the world.

• Like 7

Guest B**na***oy

This is an awful act of insanity.

Let's make love, not war.

Guest Ot**w***og****n

This is one horrific act of stupidity...three dead including an 8-year-old boy and more than 50 injured (some missing limbs). My heart goes out to the families of the dead and injured and to the victims themselves. And this is justified how???

As someone who grew up during the IRA bombings of London, my sympathies go out to the innocent victims, their families and all the people of Boston. I very much understand what they are going through. Senseless stupidity against innocent civilians only proves what a coward or cowards the guilty are!

My thoughts, prayers and hugs go out to anyone who was displaced by what happened in Boston yesterday. It is a sheer act of stupidity that cost people their lives and others the grief of not knowing where family members were.

Just like all the other acts of violence as of late, this should not have happened.

A senseless act! Innocents hurt for no good reason. Hopefully it gives pause to the those petty day to day annoyances that we allow to clutter up our day like the late arriving spring, backed up traffic, higher taxes and on and on and on.

Peace

MG

Guest a**4*

This is a very sad day a senseless act my thoughts and prays to the people of Boston,what is this world coming too

My heart goes out to these Boston runners. Lets hope that people find the strength to continue this marathon tradition. So scary and ugly to turn this lovely event into a thing of sadness, why!?!

th?id=HA.278075222649&pid=1.7&w=204&h=138&c=7&rs=1

th?id=HA.278068928127&pid=1.7&w=205&h=141&c=7&rs=1

0416_malo_boston_bomb2_(2)_t160_160.jpg

I've been paying more attention to the positive stories today...the tales of kindness and goodness that are often overlooked in disasters.

I find the media pays too much attention to the blood, gore, smoke and fire, and when a suspect is found, they cover every detail of their life. This only encourages other attention-seeking madmen to create their own act of mayhem.

I don't know if any of you are redditors (http://www.reddit.com), but when everything started unravelling yesterday, pages immediately sprung up from people offering everything they could - places to stay, meals, cell phones, frequent flyer miles, hotel stays...the list is endless, and impressive.

As someone posted previously...look to the helpers. They're always there, and deserve more praise and attention.

• Like 4