Figuring out how to do things on this site

Well, I am so proud of myself.....I am good at figuring things out, but sometimes will overthink things and can't figure anything out...Normally I try, can't do it, try again, and if I can't do it, I will then ask for help.

However, I decided to do this on my own. Not a big issue, really not an issue of technical support, just figuring out how the software on the site works. Well, this is about the daily email notifications I get about the threads I replied to. So I go in, read the threads, and then have to delete the emails. This didn't usually create a problem before, because I was only ever on the library computers, for no more then 15 minutes. So, I never really had time to reply to threads and so never really had an issue of deleting emails too.

Now that I have a computer of my own, and internet access at certain times, my thread replies and involvement on this site have exploded. Now I was deleting so many emails, after I had already read the thread (after all that's the first I look at), I thought there has got to be a better way.

Well, low and behold, there really is a better way. I found out (on my own I might add) that there is a link that you can choose that says "no email notification". Can you believe it? All this time, I have been deleting these emails, when I could have prevented them from coming? Kinda like putting a condom on your email account.....

I like it.

• Like 2

Guest webothscore

Pls share what you had to do. This newbie would appreciate it ;) it could be the device I am using but let's see what you state, pls and thx

Oh crap, you actually want me to tell you how to do something. Its like asking me directions to Boston, and you end up in California. Sorry, I can't direct you on how to do something I just learned.....I was just saying that I figured out how to do something on my own and now you want me to tell you. Maybe tomorrow, if I can figure it out myself what I did first.

xoxo

Good point. :) It took me a little while to figure out that I could change that also.

I recommend to newbies and others who haven't done this yet, to take some time to browse and explore all of the options in your CERB USER CP, as there is lots of other little functions and stuff that you can alter to your liking. You will learn a few things and it will make your CERB experience more personalized and enjoyable. :)

• Like 1

Pls share what you had to do. This newbie would appreciate it ;) it could be the device I am using but let's see what you state, pls and thx

User CP -> Edit Options (under "Settings and Options" in the menu on the left). Then Look under Messaging & Notification (2nd section) and you'll see an option on "Default Thread Subscription Mode", with a drop-down menu. Use that to manage how frequently you get email notifications of new posts in threads you subscribe to (never/immediately/daily/weekly).

It looks like you can also turn off auto-subscription to threads you post to, but I haven't played with this so I don't know what happens with threads you explicitly subscribe to in that case...

• Like 1