Religion and the hobby/profession, is there a conflict?

Not sure I have gone back to religion Conquistador but the recent thread "message from Jen" made me thinking in which her son predicted the deaths of himself and his father and asked his mother to stop working or face hell just before he died in a tragic car accident......

In addition there are three issues to the hobby. The legal, moral and safety issues. As for Legal aspects the outcall hobbying which I do is legal. As for Safety I take part in nothing bare so I keep the first two aspects in check but still remains the moral issue unresolved as the reason for my recent tendency to go for dancers and MAs. All religions have forbidden adultery and exploitation. As for adultery I don't see knowingly anyone who is married or in relationships and I am single or what remains is exploitation issue. I never disrespect or force any service and I screen out as much as I could to screen out those I suspect being forced or pimped but we all know there are many working in this industry who are there against their will or do not like to be there and for the need of money or pimped. (this is not specific to any provider or cerb which likely represents less than 10% of total providers in industry but cerb does not have crystal ball either to screen out). Unless I have a crystal ball or supernatural powers I won't be able to screen them all out. So this issue remains unresolved and if there is really a God and heaven and hell (and I am not sure if there are) then I always joke to my family that a very hot place is reserved for me for what I do when I die!!!. So I was interested to know what other hobbyists think about it and if there are some who may think like me and what the providers think about it too.

• Like 1

I know you said people who are offended by religion not to continue reading. I am not offended by religion as someone who spent many years sitting in a church, even taking part in a worship band at the church. But the question of does this hobby conflict with religion is a simple answer. Yes.

If a person is taking part in a hobby where intimate acts are the main focus it is a whole hearted yes it conflicts with religion (I say religion knowing there are thousands of religions out there but for this this topic I figure we are talking Christianity, Judaism or Islam.) If you are going to follow a religion and say yes to some rules and no to others you are not following that religion. Yes they have good moral rules like love thy neighbour, or don't kill but that is (in my opinion) a way that most people knew the moment we could walk upright.

To say yes I am a Christian and then go and get hammered every other night is not "Christ-Like" but hypocritical. The same can be said about having a sexual relationship outside of marriage or before marriage. As I have been told many times a sin is a sin.

I am not saying what we do is wrong. Not at all. Just that if one is worried about their religion getting mixed up in this hobby it's OK, (don't want to come off as an ass) you are not really following your religion.

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my last statement.

• Like 2

bigwilly, not sure if you are addressing me or making general comments (though in your opening comments you were addressing me), but just to clarify I have no religion (I have my own self-invented religion. Live your life in a positive way, be kind and nice, do love and avoid hate, don't harm anyone and treat people the way you wish to be treated). What I said (and I thought I was clear) was that IF there is a God, heaven and hell (in other words if what they say about creation is true) then is anyone concerned about consequences of life after death.........

Guest A** L***

[quote=Capital Hunter

'(I have my own self-invented religion. Live your life in a positive way, be kind and nice, do love and avoid hate, don't harm anyone and treat people the way you wish to be treated).'

I agree with this!!!

Xx

[quote=Capital Hunter

'(I have my own self-invented religion. Live your life in a positive way, be kind and nice, do love and avoid hate, don't harm anyone and treat people the way you wish to be treated).'

This is the rule I try to live by

If this was a conflict how do you justify what some religious figures have done to children, terrorist who believe killing is going to save them? The real reasons I am against any organized religion.

• Like 1

If this was a conflict how do you justify what some religious figures have done to children, terrorist who believe killing is going to save them? The real reasons I am against any organized religion.

Not sure if you addressing me but lol I don't have to justify any of that. If there is a God, it is the song I may believe not the singer. Those so called clergy have committed crimes against humanity for centuries and still continue to do so in the name of religion in many parts of the world for their own power and money. They continue to suppress human rights and most importantly women's rights while themselves involve in all kind of evils....... I think I leave it at there but clearly you are again preaching to the preacher lol!!!!.

OK here goes. I would consider myself Atheist. However in a way, I understand the need or desire for people to believe in something spiritually (What ever that may be for them). However, I believe in the fundamental value of do onto others as you would do onto you. You can be a moral person and not be religious

I have no issue with religion or people who wish to worship a god. Again however, I have always said that some of the most intolerant people I have met are religious people. They interpret the bible to justify their beliefs and values and belittle those who oppose them. Understand this, the bible, the new testament and any other book of worship, were all written by man. (Sorry ladies, maybe women had a hand in it but considering it was 2 or 3 thousand years ago, I doubt it)

Over the centuries, different people interpreted these books differently. Again, it is just humans interpreting the words of other humans. There are a lot of good things in any of these books. it's not hard to take a look at a cruel world and say, wouldn't it be better if we didn't do this and did do that. Morality is a personal choice and is solely based on how you live your life and how you treat others. My religion is the Religion of Humanity

Sex for money (That doesn't include a pimp stealing money) is a business. Supply and Demand, Desire and Fulfillment. If all parties are willing and respectful than morally there is nothing wrong.

• Like 4

Not sure if you addressing me but lol I don't have to justify any of that. If there is a God, it is the song I may believe not the singer. Those so called clergy have committed crimes against humanity for centuries and still continue to do so in the name of religion in many parts of the world for their own power and money. They continue to suppress human rights and most importantly women's rights while themselves involve in all kind of evils....... I think I leave it at there but clearly you are again preaching to the preacher lol!!!!.

My comment was just a generalization it wasn't aimed at anyone. It's just a topic few so called followers refuse to acknowledge. I also agree with your comment that religion does suppress human rights on all levels and woman especially.

• Like 1