Be who you are! and not what other tell you to be

Hi all this is outdoorslover under my new name.

This is a thread i wanted to post for a wile as it is important to me. I have always been someone who stands out form the crowd and will not let people change the person i am on the inside. but because of this i have had a lot of people judge my without knowing who i really am, i have always been a bit over wait but have always tried to help anyone i can. people always jump to what they want to think with out seeing who the person is or what the situation is. i have had this happen to me even just this month, and i have even seen it here on cerb with a couple of people not understanding the situation some sp are in.

I know this is just from my pov but i know lots of people who are great and wonderful but have been judged ether by there looks, opinions, or even for no reason at all and it is a sad thing indeed.

I know that even people reading this will judge me as i there a nice person or a sap but this is who i am and what i think. and i want every one who reads this to not let others change who you are inside and to always see the true person in others.

Again i think that cerb is a great place and most of the people here know this but i just wanted to give everyone a little pick me up just incase they needed it.

I will leave everyone with a couple of quotes as i love them.

"Never judge a mans actions until you know his motives"

-Paulo Coelho

"It is easy to see the faults of others but difficult to see one's own. A man winnows his neighbor's faults like chaff but conceals his own as a cunning gambler conceal his die"

-Buddha

"You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter"

-Nicholas Sparks

Have a great and safe day everyone :)

• Like 3

Hello Tsukiyo_Chevalier

In short and as a general rule of thumb it may also be said:

1. [--] Be aware of the context in which you find your self and others. Then move in the appropriate direction.
    [--] The status quo will always resist change. Expect this, and indeed look for it.
    {--] Repeat step 1.

The above may sound trite and way oversimplified. But in the end of the day it works for me.

Take care,

PatrickGC

I love the quotes you provided, thank you.But unfortunately people judge, some do it purposefully and others without intent. But people are people no matter where you find them so there is no safe place to get away from judgement, other than within your own frame of mind. By knowing yourself and as you say by not allowing anyone to change your opinion of yourself. On one of my web pages I included a saying I copied, "what matters most is how you see yourself". No better advice imo. It's taken me alot of years to learn this and follow it but finally I do, there is not a person on this planet that will convince me that I'm anything other than a nice, genuine, kind and caring person, no one! Lol, although some try. I like your post, great advice and thank you for it.:icon_biggrin:

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 2

Sometimes the hardest person to be is yourself because everyone has an opinion of who you are/should be. Not only that but most of us have grown up being told we have to do this or that in order to please others or be accepted or to get along. No wonder it takes us so long to start listening to ourselves.

One of my favorite sayings is "I never said it would be easy but it will be worth it". When you start listening to your heart and believing in yourself and keeping those who try to tear you down at arms length whether they be family or friends, it's not easy but so worth it. When you find yourself judging, step back to get a different perspective, look at how that person might have gotten where they are, not easy but so worth it. Trying to focus on the positive and turning negative into positive, so not easy but so worth it.

It's even more difficult in this industry because you are judged on so many things and some that don't really mean much. This is when it's really important to believe in yourself and know who you are and what you have to offer.

• Like 3