Free URL - www.cerb.ca/yourname

WOW, I don't know what is harder to follow, the hole URL talk or the conversation between the two Angela's!

Who is Who?

i made my cerb URL, and ive had problems with this

i have given out this URL to gentlemen who have phoned me, and each one has said that they have to register to be able to see it. WHat about the ones who dont want to register to a site?

That is true, if you choose to link it to your profile they need to register to see it. If say you link it to your recommendation page that would allow them to see it first. (THey can browse a few pages on cerb before the system asks them to register)

Guest S****r

This sounds really good. I am still waiting to be unmoderated, and then hope to take advantage of this option. Thanks so much for this site!

That is true, if you choose to link it to your profile they need to register to see it. If say you link it to your recommendation page that would allow them to see it first. (THey can browse a few pages on cerb before the system asks them to register)

How do you link it to your recommendation page? I have my CERB URL on my profile but would like to do the reco page link too or is it already done? I know if you click my name on my reco page it goes to my profile.

Thanks in advance,

Lexy

Guest W***ledi*Time
How do you link it to your recommendation page? I have my CERB URL on my profile but would like to do the reco page link too or is it already done? I know if you click my name on my reco page it goes to my profile.

Thanks in advance,

Lexy

I think the way it works is that your Cerb URL links through to ONE other URL of your choosing. Right now, your Cerb URL is linked through to your (non-Cerb) website. If you want to switch that link to point to somewhere else, you may have to ask mod to edit it for you:

.... The feature does not have the ability to EDIT the domain or URL (at least not yet). I would manually need to edit this for you...

I see that your reco thread does not list a website or Cerb profile page for you. If you want either of those added to the initial post on the reco thread, mod can also do that for you, I believe.

Actually... you work at a public spa so your account needs to be a paid account. Once it is a paid account it switches you to a full member and would allow you to use this.

Guest ***nno**n***

I've just set mine up today, what a great idea!

Thanks so much. It would be nice though for those who don't want to sign up to be able to have access to just my profile or review thread.

Shannon

I am not sure why the profiles were locked to unregistered guests. I think we had a problem before with the twitter feed and I suspended access to the profiles while testing the problem. It is now back open so these URLS's will work for anyone (do not have to log in to see them) anyone who does not wish to have a profile visable to public can always HIDE the profile in the UserCP to "Friends only"

Guest ***nno**n***

I know this is off-topic and I won't hijack but Carys I love those shoes in your profile!

I am such a shoe girl!

Shannon

Additional Comments:

I do have another question,

I can see my albums, but anyone clicking on the link can't see albums (I tested it when logged out) Is this a permissions issue? I checked my settings and everything is set to public.

Your help would be great!

Thanks again

Shannon

I don't think I am doing this right. I didn't realize I have to register it. It shows a "sub domain" that I am supposed to type something into it, but not sure what I am supposed to do. Then I am assuming I can register it. I thought I was being so tech savy when I copied it to my CP details and copied it to my blog. Can someone help? What do I type in Sub Domain, will this then let me register it?

Also, how do I put a Cerb banner on my blog?

Thanks!

xoxo