Looking for a Use Vehicle

Hello everyone,

I know this is not your tipical topic for this board but I figured i would ask.

I am looking to replace my old vehicle (Pathfinder) with someting a littel better of gas.

I was thinking of a Subaru wagon.

I have a line on a 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 200K on it, looks to be in good shape and well maintained, will make another judgement after i test ride and view the vehicle.

I have read different reviews on it and look the internert over about.

I figure that I should get another 2 years with out too many problems (hopefully).

Just wondering if any one had any experiences with this vehicle or

can offer any tidbits on Subarau in general.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Done that, there can be some problems with this vehicle weak factory clutch, road noise, drive alxe boots, frameless door windows. Seeing as it is 10 yrs old and 200K on it iI do not figure that there are no major problems with it, there always could be with any used car, but it might be worth the risk for 2 years.

Another thing to keep in mind, there are not that many Subaru dealers. Find out where the original owner had it serviced and ask for service records. It will give you a good idea of care, maintanace and repair costs.

I have a "beer drinking" relationship with the shop I go too and I get to hear and see things after hours... I really liked the Forester that they make but seeing the repair bills on any of these cars I'd personally, IMHO, avoid...

They tend to "cram" everything in making it hard to replace parts when doing a repair... as you're looking at something with 200000+ Km I'd avoid unless you want to do some of the work yourself.

Roam

Good point on the repair bills,

My nissan is like that, I know exactly what you are saying.

4 hour just to change the thermostat (insane).

NO CUP HOLDERS the designers should be shot.

I like 4x4 in the winter other wise it goes unused other then just to keep it moving once a month. AWD seems like a nice option if I cannot drive it in the winter because of the snow I probally should not be driving anyway.

The 200K +km does bother me a little bit but I have seen them with more, but it is something to keep in mind.

Has anyone owned a Subrau that can provide any insite to this manufacture?

I'm looking to sell my 2005 Chev Aveo 4 door, power every thing!

It's the best car ever on gas, mint condition inside and out!

If you or anyone else is interested, please contact me at

( [email protected] )

Posted via Mobile Device

PrettyPage22,

Someone might be interested in your car.

Personally I am not as I have no faith in any of the products of the big 3 auto makers, so I do not even look at them. Sorry all of you fans of them, but I feel they are a waste of money, take them right to the junk yard all they are worth is scrap value imho.

Subaru is great for winter driving especially in snow, but not exactly your gas miser for the size of car. AWD and extra weight takes their toll on gas. My Subaru gets .430km on 50L winter driving (mixed city and highway) with snow tires. Summer gets you upto 500 on 50L. @200k km, still have lots of life, but have to start dealing with the wear and tear replacements. So check with the seller to see what had been replaced recently to give yourself an idea the maintenance cost. Remember, imports cost a little more for parts.

Hello everyone,

I know this is not your tipical topic for this board but I figured i would ask.

I am looking to replace my old vehicle (Pathfinder) with someting a littel better of gas.

I was thinking of a Subaru wagon.

I have a line on a 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 200K on it, looks to be in good shape and well maintained, will make another judgement after i test ride and view the vehicle.

I have read different reviews on it and look the internert over about.

I figure that I should get another 2 years with out too many problems (hopefully).

Just wondering if any one had any experiences with this vehicle or

can offer any tidbits on Subarau in general.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What an excuse to make an appointment to see you ;-) Unfortunately not the type of car for me. Otherwise, 2 birds with one stone....

I'm looking to sell my 2005 Chev Aveo 4 door, power every thing!

It's the best car ever on gas, mint condition inside and out!

If you or anyone else is interested, please contact me at

( [email protected] )

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey I like this thread...mixed right in here with ladies..take both of them out for a test drive:mrgreen:..I pick the lady

I own a nissan pathfinder now so I know all about the price of parts.

For my pathfinder I used 60L of fuel in about 430 km in the summer, during the winter.....................

thanks

Subaru is great for winter driving especially in snow, but not exactly your gas miser for the size of car. AWD and extra weight takes their toll on gas. My Subaru gets .430km on 50L winter driving (mixed city and highway) with snow tires. Summer gets you upto 500 on 50L. @200k km, still have lots of life, but have to start dealing with the wear and tear replacements. So check with the seller to see what had been replaced recently to give yourself an idea the maintenance cost. Remember, imports cost a little more for parts.

I own a nissan pathfinder now so I know all about the price of parts.

For my pathfinder I used 60L of fuel in about 430 km in the summer, during the winter.....................

thanks

That does not seem that bad!! And as a bonus the truck probably takes regular gas :)

540 has a big tank (85L) but it only goes about 500km and anything less than 92 octane the things runs like a pig pining and knocking on etc...

Keep the pathfinder and get Paiges Aveo (it's made by Suzuki) for running around !!!

BTW interesting fact GM is the largest seller of import vehicles in North America. (Toyota and Honda make pretty much everything here now)

The Pathfinder is 14 yrs old, and the repair although are some are regular maintenance (first exhaust in the 8 yrs I've own it last year) are starting to get more expensive. It's telling me it's time to let it go. This is the second Nissan that I have owned and the first was a little 1988 truck great on fuel compared to this pig. Your right though not as bad as some, both Nissan's I have owned never once left me on the road always started in the cold not plugged in (not that I could no block heater). I would not hesitate to drive 8 - 10 hours away and back with either of them. I am traveling 51 km to work now compared to the 5 km I was a year ago, with the rising price of fuel I and the repair starting to get more expensive I believe can save money buy getting some better on fuel and newer. I am starting to get a little afraid of it's age, I have the frame and floor repaired so the good is gone out of the SUV now it is simply time t olet her go. If I buy a second vehicle it will be a motorcycle again, but my main vehicle needs to be replaced first.

I thought that the Subaru might get a little better fuel mileage that that, but given that it is AWD the little 4 cylinder is working hard all thetime. This Subaru with 200 km on it although it looks nice in the picture, because of fuel usage and the higher km and some of the customer reviews I have seen suggest the door are too light and the windows motor are junk, the boots around the drive axle are frequently in need of replacement. With the input from everyone I have decided to not buy this one and wait until the right vehicle and the right price and right Km's on it come around I have the time I can drive my pathfinder until the wheels fall off if need be. I like the idea of AWD in the winter time though my 4x4 Pathfinder has been nice to have.

Maybe I will look for Nissan Frontier, We shall see I will wait and see what come along.

Thanks to everyone for there input, it was helpful.