I have been wondering these questions:

• Is "cerb" located in an office?
  • Mod, are you male? female?
  • When was "cerb" started?
  • Most memorable moments?
  • Scary Stories?
  • What is the traffic like on a daily basis?
  • Any challenges "running" cerb?

• Like 1

You were'nt talking about the shout box, right?.. :razz:

Exactly... just another challenge! The SHOUTbox was a MOD that someone else programmed. It works great on LOW traffic sites... but with the shear volume of visitors cerb gets it was causing the load level on the server to peek out. Causing pages not to load and causing database errors. It was making well over 1000 calls to the database per second causing the server to crawl... and the main server is a VERY large server.

It was just coded very poorly. It looked good and was functional but the code work did not efficiently use the resources of the server (it was a resource hog) so it had to go.

We have no way of telling if a MOD like this will work well on the site unless we try it out.... and this was the SECOND one we tried as the first one was just as bad.

I don't know the answer to that but I would suspect it does as you are logged into the site (meaning you are active in the system) - When you enter your username and password it flags you as online - the cell phone display is really just a skin (displays the site differently) so I don't think it would be any different.

Mod, on a members profile page it will sometimes say.

"YOU MUST CLICK THE LINK IN YOUR EMAIL"

What does it mean?

Mod, when I compose a post quite often the smilie that I want to include is not in the group of (15 that are available on the screen in the editor) I have clicked on the (More) and the smilie I want still does not show.

I have a work around but it can take several page reloads to finally have the desired smilie that I want to insert.

Can anything be done about this?

Mod, on a members profile page it will sometimes say.

What does it mean?

I think that's when someone has signed up for an account at CERB, but they haven't confirmed the email address yet. So technically, they're not really a member until that gets done ;)

What does it mean?

buggernot is correct, These are NEW accounts and the person who registered the account has not activate the account by clicking on the email sent to their email.

Mod, when I compose a post quite often the smilie that I want to include is not in the group of (15 that are available on the screen in the editor) I have clicked on the (More) and the smilie I want still does not show. Can anything be done about this?

In the advanced editor mode [GO ADVANCED] button... you should see all the ones available. I do so I was not really aware of any problem? the [more] button does not do anything for me... I have no idea what this is suppose to do either. I think when I added all the "Adult" icons to the system this stopped working.

Oh... wait.. I see.. only 30 of the icons show up... I will look into this further.

Mod, when I compose a post quite often the smilie that I want to include is not in the group of (15 that are available on the screen in the editor) I have clicked on the (More) and the smilie I want still does not show.

I have a work around but it can take several page reloads to finally have the desired smilie that I want to insert.

Can anything be done about this?

A big thank you :bowdown: Mod for putting all 60 smilies in the editor.