here we go again-cancellations!

Unfortunately this is the case with the business, men and women end up getting scared off, they see something they do not like or just plain chicken out. Had a gentleman no show on me and Victoria Catherina just yesterday and I had a noon showing cancel this morning, at least with two hours notice.

And it is not just men who cancel, I had a female cancel on me a month ago as she was worried her husband would find out. The other thing I will state and I know that most of the ladies on here do not have this issue but guys do frequently get burned by other girls who book and then do not open doors, do not give out room numbers, etc. so they make plan A, B, C and D and sometimes you are plan C.

It is just part an unfortunate part of the business.

• Like 1

Going on for quite sometime within the industry, here is a post I started back in 2008.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6723

I really don't think you or anyone else will ever change human behavior when it comes to this business. I think Carrie Moon/MegforFun hit the subject right on the head with their comments.

That's all fine and good, admitting that it happens in other industries but it doesn't excuse the bad behavior, nor justify it. Bad manners and poor excuses are never appropriate here or in any business and it needs to be discussed and admonished from time to time until it changes!
  • Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

All I can add is this is a tough business like many others ...

Edited by D***el B***e
typos

I think one of the key issues is respect. If you respect the other person then you will call in a timely fashion and cancel your appointment.

There probably are times when you have to cancel with short notice, but that usually will fall into the emergency category and most people will understand.

I will say that I am always surprised at how bad some people are in managing their schedules. Some of my staff are absolutely terrible in this regards. I can well imagine that if any of them see SPs they would definitely get on Mighty Pen's "grey list" very quickly.

The good think about this thread is that it reminds everybody to be respectful of SPs time and energy. It also makes me feel a little bit better for being 5 minutes late on my last meeting (I did call to say I was running late).

• Like 1

There's also another side to this coin so to speak and that is SP's cancelling at the last minute which hasn't happened too many times with me, but it still has. So, I understand the SP's being upset with cancellations, but remember it happens to the us too and it doesn't make me too happy when they do either.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

I think the distinction here is Cancellations - they happen. However, those that book an appointment, confirm, get the address information, and then don't show up. That is the real issue. Most of us have no issues with those that call to cancel. Yes, the more notice, the better.

However, those that confirm, get the information on the incall location - even 15 minutes before the appointment, and then never show up. That is what sucks and gets us all nervous.

• Like 5

Guest D***el B***e
I think the distinction here is Cancellations - they happen. However, those that book an appointment, confirm, get the address information, and then don't show up. That is the real issue. Most of us have no issues with those that call to cancel. Yes, the more notice, the better.

However, those that confirm, get the information on the incall location - even 15 minutes before the appointment, and then never show up. That is what sucks and gets us all nervous.

Yup I can see how that causes nervous willies .... but, but don't you have the phone number of the person who just called for the address and never showed up. You should never answer a blocked call in the first place. Why don't you call back if the person doesn't show up after 5 or 10 minutes, simply to 'inquire' and to tell them you have a phone number. If they start to berate you about calling that number, politely state that you were expecting him to show up like any gentleman would do. If he says he had a last minute call back at the office, ask him why he never called you back to cancel.

Is there something I'm not getting?

Yup I can see how that causes nervous willies .... but, but don't you have the phone number of the person who just called for the address and never showed up. You should never answer a blocked call in the first place. Why don't you call back if the person doesn't show up after 5 or 10 minutes, simply to 'inquire' and to tell them you have a phone number. If they start to berate you about calling that number, politely state that you were expecting him to show up like any gentleman would do. If he says he had a last minute call back at the office, ask him why he never called you back to cancel.

Is there something I'm not getting?

Sometimes ppl have phones that so that you can not do an incoming call, this can be activated at will, or by using a pay phone. Most of the time I have "pay phone" on my contact list, but can not have every pay phone in my contact. so now blocked numbers are not enough. Or even just a number that does show for the original booking.

Today, I called a number that booked, etc...number showed, but then when I called after 15 min late, was a message that no incoming calls were accepted.

• Like 1

lets face it if someone is out to play games with someone they will and probably get away with it. Its not rocket science as to how we confirm and book appts, so, some will go through all the appropriate steps then when they have stiffed us they simply disconnect or change their number, or block us from calling them.

live and learn:)

But from time to time its a good reminder to bring this subject up, as we all get our share, in bits and spurts. Its also good to vent and have others chime in. Thanks to all who have:)

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e
Sometimes ppl have phones that so that you can not do an incoming call' date=' this can be activated at will, or by using a pay phone. Most of the time I have "pay phone" on my contact list, but can not have every pay phone in my contact. so now blocked numbers are not enough. Or even just a number that does show for the original booking.

Today, I called a number that booked, etc...number showed, but then when I called after 15 min late, was a message that no incoming calls were accepted.[/quote']

Can you not send a text message? ... at least it shows the person at the other end that he's on your radar and you know about them.

Can you not send a text message? ... at least it shows the person at the other end that he's on your radar and you know about them.

Some are older gent's who are not comfortable with a txt or are not set up for txt. Also , I would never send final info on a txt. Or sometimes they activate no incoming call after you have txt...do we have to go threw every scenario? There are many what if's to go through.

• Like 1

I know this has been discussed in a previous post, but personally, if I was the person cancelling and realized it was becoming a habit, regardless of the reason, I would try and find a way to make up for it (probably a donation in the same amount of the appointment)

• Like 1

Al.. calling to let the person know they're on your radar doesn't do any good. The appt is still missed..

People who do this are just selfish and/or self-important. What good does it do to confront them. I just move on and let it go.. put them in my phone as a no call/no show (nc/ns) and don't let them rebook without a deposit. Focusing on the negative of it only adds more discomfort.

• Like 6