what prostitution law is best for canada?

What prostitution law you think is best for Canada?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What prostitution law you think is best for Canada?

• Status quo
    • Amended Status quo
    • The Nordic model
    • Prostitution unconditionally illegal.
    • Prostitution unconditionally legal.
    • New Zealand model (prostitution is decriminalized for both sides, pimping illegal and bare services illegal too).

Guest realnicehat
No offense intended by the exclamation mark.

The major revision in 1985 was akin to enacting new Criminal Code and that is why it is cited as 1985. The adoption of previous provisions as they relate to prostitution is equivalent to creating a law. Legislators don't need to make laws from scratch.

It was up to their modern thoughts and beliefs at that time to omit or amend those provisions! And it was up to their successors to do so over the last 28 yrs.

Last, as you can see no exclamation marks..lol

No offense taken, thus the winkie.

Thank you for clarifying.

Guest C*****tte

I am not surprised about the laws on the books. at the time AIDS was coming to the public's attention. It was the end of the second wave of feminism. The era was that of the 'sex wars'.

I feel in the near 30 years that have passed A LOT has changed in terms of what is accepted though not necessarily super popular - especially in terms of sexuality. Many people working in the sex industry were not even born when it passed.

And if the laws don't get changed in the favour of decriminalization then another battle is in our hands.

I am a fairly pragmatic person and even though I have been a sex worker for 15 years and an activist for nearly as long I am still engaged and up for fighting for sex worker rights.

Sex worker rights are human rights.