Hi if anyone has any advice as to personal trainers please post or pm:) thanks

I am looking into hiring one but I am at a loss as to who I should hire and trust, any advice would be helpful:)

Guest a***ah1*

i guess it depends on what your trying to accomplish. are you trying to build muscle or slim down?

i guess it depends on what your trying to accomplish. are you trying to build muscle or slim down?

Thanks for your reply, I feel I'm slim enough, have no issues with losing or gaining weight just want to become more fit, toned, just get into the best shape of my life:)

• Like 1

Guest a***ah1*
Thanks for your reply, I feel I'm slim enough, have no issues with losing or gaining weight just want to become more fit, toned, just get into the best shape of my life:)

thats great :) do you have a gym membership?. some gyms such as goodlife have personal trainers, or you can join one of the many different classes that they offer

thats great :) do you have a gym membership?. some gyms such as goodlife have personal trainers, or you can join one of the many different classes that they offer

I have had a personal trainer at Goodlife Fitness on Larry Utech Drive since the fall of 2011, which was its grand opening. It is an awesome facility, you may want to check it out.

I would highly recommend using a personal trainer. Your chances of injury are far less with one, not to say you can't tweak something just the same. The classes are ok, but most of the injuries I've heard about occur in classes because the trainer cannot watch 25-30 to ensure they are doing their exercise properly.

The have a head trainer there who usually will talk to potential new clients to see what she/he may be looking for and assign them a personal trainer who will best fit their needs. In my case I wanted to lose some weight, more endurance, and agility. I've been with the same trainer since the place opened in the fall of 2011. I've went from 260 lbs down to 204 lbs, just like losing a small person. I now have energy to burn!!!

So of course I am quite bias when it comes to trainers, but it is sure working for me. I might add I was out for 6 months during that time as I had to have surgery. The Dr.s and VON'S attributed my good recovery time to the 8 months prior my surgery working out.

Good luck, and all the best to you!

• Like 2

not sure if my quick post went thru....

Devon at 360 fit is a great trainer. He was the Coast trainer of the year a couple years in a row.

• Like 1

Have you ever considered a personal Yoga trainer. I find yoga keeps one a good 10 years below their "paper age". There is nothing hotter than a yoga bod haha. And the practice not only has great physical benefits but it has great spiritual benefits as well.

• Like 1

Depends on why gym you go to.

Honestly,

As someone who trains people all the time. Most people don't understand a lot of toning is through clean eating.

I go to several gyms and people ask me all the time to train them. What people don't realize is Goodlife and YMCA have classes that go with your membership and are free!

I've done all of them and they are fantastic classes for all fitness levels. You should consider them instead of shelling out big bucks for guys and girls who are "Certified Trainers".

Consider consulting a nutritionist and or. Figure athletes who have a lot of experience in dieting and training. :)

• Like 1

A personal trainer can be helpful , especially to get you started. My experience is that they vary greatly so do some research before committing to a particular one. It is a good idea to ask for a free session so you can get an idea of how well it will work.

Part of it is how compatible your personalities are ( sort of like a sp / client relationship I guess ). You will be spending several hours a week with your trainer so compatibility matters.

Also , of course , check out the trainers qualifications , such as any degrees or certificates.

• Like 1

Perhaps the lovely Katherine from Halifax will be able to steer you in an influential direction. She is extremely fit. She would hands down be the most beneficial, and is in your area.

Good luck, take enormous dedication however once it becomes your reality its no chore at all.

• Like 1

Guest h***yto***2

Yes, I agree. Check with Katherine. I don't know if she is a do it yourselfer or had some training, but one look at her and you know she's got it all down to perfection.

Although we haven't yet met Christy, from what I've seen of your lovely profile and heard of your great reputation, you could offer your services as a "personal trainer in another genre of physical activity".........

• Like 1