I've been meaning to buy a new cover for the loveseat in my boudoir, as there is a small stain on the side. Tonight, already heading to the west end and passing IKEA, with a few extra dollars in my wallet, I went to pick one up. Found the couch in the showroom, picked out the colour, wrote down the bin number.

I then filled my IKEA bag with other various pillows, sheets, and cat toys, paid, came home.

And D'OH!!!! No couch cover. TOtally forgot the one item I intended to go purchase.

Ever had those moments? Like trying to put the milk away into the cupboard? It's funny how our brains work sometimes.

• Like 1

When I was younger, our microwave was on top of the fridge/freezer, and one time I guess my head was elsewhere and I put the ice cream away in the microwave instead of the freezer. I didn't turn it on, but I just left it there with the door closed, and no one noticed until hours later. It was one of those old paper box cartons that ice cream used to regularly come in. It was quite the mess, LOL :)

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

I opened my washing machine the other day to do a load and the smell almost knocked me over. Seems I put another load in, not sure when but by the mildew stink it had been at least several days.

I don't know how many times when I have something in my hand and am thinking about someone else, and will go to put like ice cream in the cupboard, peanut butter in the fridge, even once went to put away food in the microwave.

Our brains multi-task, unfortunately, they are sometimes on the wrong task.

I put the butter in the freezer yesterday. Not sure why but the SO was angry when she wanted to butter her bagel this morning. Made for a laugh on my part.