I have been wondering as of late do the providers policies actually matter? I have added to my Etiquette Page on my website and developed some new policies over the last three months.

There are some providers that may not have a site include their policies in their advertismements or have it laid out in both their ads and site.

After some long conversations with my fellow provider friends, I thought it would be best to revamp and develope a cancellation policy, so my time is not wasted. This can happen on the hobbyist and providers end. I'm not saying it doesn't. It is a pain in the ass and can throw someone's entire schedule off.

Do these policies developed by the providers even get read? I don't think so as of late and with the conversations that I have been having.

I know their are many gentlemen here who actually do read and honor the providers cancellation policies but their are many that don't, seasoned hobbyist and newbies.

Many providers have different booking procedures: some only accept advanced bookings, advance bookings with a deposit, advance booking with 24-48hrs notice, prefer advance booking, same day bookings and/or same day bookings if available to do so and many other methods.

Many of the providers have other careers, jobs, school and we all have regular personal lives among other things. The provider has booked that time specifically for you, when the provider could be doing other personal things or seeing someone else.

Many providers turn down regulars and others for your spot and have lost out and bluntly have had our time wasted and some may say if you get a cancellation contact me if you tell them you are booked but that does not always workout and either way you look at it our time has been wasted.

Some may say, well the provider can just book someone else for that time, most providers I have spoken with don't operate like that or it just doesn't work that way for either, provider and hobbyist. Who really wants to be second best and know it, not something I would want anyone to feel.

I have a few questions:

1. Do/did you read the provider's you are booking with or have booked policies?

2. If you cancel with the provider for whatever reason, do you think the provider should be paid their cancellation fee if they state they have this type of policy or should you pay a cancellation even if one is not stated?

3. Should the provider have to ask for the cancellation fee?

4. When you send along your cancellation message do you offer or state that you will be sending the providers cancellation fee and/or ask what it is or what would the appropriate fee be?

Thank you,

Lexy

I have a few questions:

I read the website including the cancellation policies

2. If you cancel with the provider for whatever reason, do you think the provider should be paid their cancellation fee if they state they have this type of policy or should you pay a cancellation even if one is not stated?

In fact yes I do believe a cancellation fee should be paid, a lady's time is money, and if you cancel at the last minute, you should compensate the lady.

If the lady is dealing with a gentleman no, she shouldn't have to

4. When you send along your cancellation message do you offer or state that you will be sending the providers cancellation fee and/or ask what it is or what would the appropriate fee be?

The one time I cancelled at the last minute I in fact offered, I wasn't asked, to pay a cancellation fee, which was the lady's payment in full. I had to ask the lady her email address to pay via email money transfer. Other time I postponed with what would be considered ample notice, but when I re-booked the encounter I made the encounter a longer date (from three hours to four hours)

Thank you,

Lexy

A gentleman understands that despite the interpersonal and pleasurable nature of this lifestyle, and also realizes that it takes a very special woman to be a professional companion, for the man this is an escape, whereas for the lady this is her livelihood. When a lady agrees to schedule an encounter with a prospective client after that prospective client has contacted her for a date, she is setting aside a block of time based on the belief that the prospective client will honour his commitment to see the lady. When you cancel at the last minute, the lady is out not just money, but income...income used to pay bills, rent, car payments etc. And it is time the lady could have used to see a paying client instead of having a no show. Paying a cancellation fee shouldn't be a problem for a gentleman. He should have the money for the encounter already set aside, so he should be able to pay the lady a cancellation fee. If he doesn't have the money then he shouldn't be making appointments with a lady

And no one is faulting a gentleman when he cancels. Life throws everyone a curve at times. But if a gentleman does cancel at the last minute, he needs to do the right thing. The lady shouldn't have to pay for a curve thrown at the man

My quick morning rambling

RG

• Like 2

If I see a ladies website I usually try and read the whole thing and I do read the policies and etiquette section, this may provide me with useful information. Another thing I'm not sure how yours is set up but you could always put this in the same section as how to book which may catch the eyes of any lazy people who don't bother reading.

• Like 1

IMO.. For most part gentlemen (specially CERB members) are very respectful of policies... but like in any other situation there are exceptions to the rules... and there will alway sbe someone trying to go around thise rules... as per the cancellation fee... It is hard to reinforce... and all you hope is that the gentlemen has consideration and decide to pay that fee..., the only way to reinforce that is really by either asking for an advance payment perhaps via email money transfer... (which I am not sure many are ok with), or just simply not accepting any future request from the gentlemen, but again.. if you never got to meet the person they can still book using a different phone munber, name, email, etc... so In this case we still have to live, as much as we hate them.. cancellations and waste of our time will always be there :(

I think Vitto is right about this. A cancellation fee would be very difficult to enforce and like she said a guy could just use a different name and number the next time.

If I meet a new lady and she has a website I do take the time to read her etiquette and restrictions sections. I also look at what is in her ads. I like to meet as prepared as I can be so I don't have to ask tons of questions when we meet.

As for cancellation fee, we should remember it's a two way street. I had ladies cancel on me as well many times over the years. When it happens last minute it can be as frustrating for a client as it is for the provider.

As an example, I once planned a meeting with a lady over an extended lunch hr. Because she was not located downtown meant I had to drive to work that day. I normally took the bus and had a monthly bus pass. Also needed to pay for parking twice cause lot was full on return so had to pay for another place. I had no issues with extra cost to see this lady however the one day she cancelled on me as I was one KM away from her place. It was very frustrating, however I was very understanding of her situation and we agreed to get in touch later to re-schedule. I never at any time even hinted to her about the cost I incur or did I ask for a rebate on my next Apt.

Things happened in any business. I understand this is the lady's livelihood but then any self-employed person who offer services is in the same situation. That's why they set prices accordingly! If u budget expecting things won't happen then U will come up short many times.

Keep in mind that without clients, there are no need for providers. If ur going to charge a cancellation fee then what when you need to cancel? In this business like any other business there has to be some understanding and room for honesty. I saw a website recently where the lady said she would charge a fee after 3 cancellations from the same person. I thought this was fair. if a client cancels that often maybe he has planning issues.

I have quite a few ladies cancel last minute on me over the years. Most time I was provided with a good reason at the time or ASAP afterwards. Never money was brought up on both parts. Things do happen and if someone is in this business and think there will never be cancellations then you are living in the land of dreams. However if a person has got a reputation for cancelling often or is a "no show" then its a different story.

Understanding, honesty and good communication between both party can go a long way in this business and is a great way of ensuring an enjoyable meeting.

• Like 3

I am personally not a fan and i would stay away from an sp if they had a cancellation policy. Due to the intimacy there us a high chance of a comunicable disease that can be passed from one to another ie cold/flu so if you habe a cancellation policy one would be inclined to see that sp because tgey dont want to waste their money so tgey are going to honour tge appointment regardless if they are sick. I havent seen too many sps but i had to cancel twice out of five encounters. The first one was because my truck died and i needed the money to fix it. I gave the lady a week notice because i was able to do tgat. The second time i got a flu tge morning of tge day i was supposed to see her. I didnt want to get her sick so i cancelled.

Additional Comments:

I am personally not a fan and i would stay away from an sp if they had a cancellation policy. Due to the intimacy there us a high chance of a comunicable disease that can be passed from one to another ie cold/flu so if you habe a cancellation policy one would be inclined to see that sp because tgey dont want to waste their money so tgey are going to honour tge appointment regardless if they are sick. I havent seen too many sps but i had to cancel twice out of five encounters. The first one was because my truck died and i needed the money to fix it. I gave the lady a week notice because i was able to do tgat. The second time i got a flu tge morning of tge day i was supposed to see her. I didnt want to get her sick so i cancelled.

• Like 1

I do agree with some of the opinions given and like I said I created this thread from conversations I have been having with my fellow provider friends.

Would a policy like this be easy to enforce, not always but you won't get your next visit with your physician or dentist without paying their cancellations fee, will you?

Can and will some try to use a different name, number and email sure but that is what screening and references are used for and a very good tool.

Things come up and there are life events that happen that neither provider or hobbyist have control over but someone who does this on a regular basis simply gets Blacklisted.

I believe a providers policies should be taken serious and honored, like RG said in my words, if you had the donation amount for the encounter, you should be able to compensate for the providers time that was set aside.

I don't think any provider is living in any sort of dream land thinking these things will never happen, I don't know anyone that naive, surely not any providers I communicate with and things happen, that's life.

It was mentioned, without clients, there would be no need for providers. This is the oldest professional in the books and there will always be a need for providers, as history has proven this.

I just had some general questions that came up during conversations and wanted to see how others felt about the situation.

I being an owner of two totally different types of businesses, I am fully aware that no one is immune to cancellations.

If a gentleman cancels, arrangements can be made between the parties involved and if the provider cancels, she can also choose to do something extra the next like provide extra time for example.

Lexy

Thanks Lexy for bringing this up.

Absolutely, its part of the experience gettting to know / understand someone.

Overall SP's discretion rules the day but my input would be:

Short notice - yes, lots of notice - no. The notice period is obviously up to the SP, but as has been pointed out previously, its a double edged-sword on the cancellation thing and moderation and common sense should prevail. Repeat offenders go cash on booking.

A clear distinction should be made between cancellation and change of times / dates as well. This also can go both ways.

In theory no, but in practice, if it is to be enforced, the SP may have to if she feels strongly about the circumstances surrounding the appointment cancellation.

I have only cancelled once over the years and that was with a week's notice which was outside the SP's cancellation fee applicability period (previously read & understood). Otherwise I would forward the fees no questions asked.

• Like 1

I don't think any provider I know would want you to keep your appointment if you are really sick, that is just common sense but not as common as most would think.

I personally would not expect you to keep an appointment if you were sick and just reschedule, each situation can be dealt with on a case by case basis.

You are entitled to contact whomever you choose and they are either going to accept or not but to state you stay from a lady that has policies about cancellations, will raise some eyebrows and possibly red flags and can make one wonder are you a time waster and one that cancels all the time. I'm Not saying you are at all but that's a big statement to make and will make providers wonder.

Lexy

Guest *l**e

I personally don't believe in cancellation fees, especially if there is a days notice. For clarity, neither my doctor or dentist charge cancellation fees either. Maybe that is more of an American thing.

I have had literally hundreds of cancellations over the last year, many of them from cerb ladies...poop happens, and it's no big deal in my opinion.

Additional Comments:

Well the time I cancelled it was because of illness, what the doctors called a major viral infection (like a flu but worse). The lady had flown to the city, booked a hotel, had incidentals (meals etc) and accepted those expenses in part on the business belief she would be seeing a paying client to justify the expenses she spent. While it wasn't my fault I got sick, and no, she wouldn't like seeing me while I was contagious with the viral infection, why should she be out any money because of my illness? Answer, she shouldn't. And she would be out money because the cancellation was last minute, so she had expenses,...airfare, hotel and incidentals without a paying client. I did the right thing, I paid her the donation in full, including a tip.

The time I postponed, due to my truck breaking down, when I rescheduled

the encounter I changed it from a three hour date to a four hour date. I also showed consideration by the tip I gave her.

No one is saying life doesn't happen, but when it does happen you can do the right thing. Just because life happens to you doesn't mean it should be an expense for the lady

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Would a policy like this be easy to enforce, not always but you won't get your next visit with your physician or dentist without paying their cancellations fee, will you? ...

Lexy

Not sure if things changed out east since I left in 2005 but I do know around here I don't pay cancellation fees to see a physician or a dentist provided I call to cancel. its the same with many other services.

Over the years I only cancelled once on an SP and I been in this business since Thanksgiving weekend in 1981. Many here weren't even born then. My word is very important to me. I can say I had many more SPs cancel on me and again never expected something in return for next visit. and even if they do say will give you longer time next time!!! Will there be a next time or will it be like my last regular here who moved over the Holidays, owing me a large amount of money who seems to avoid getting back to me when I bring up the money she owes me. There maybe some bad clients but there are some bad SPs as well who love to be on CERB so they can get the protection about the fact we "clients" can't write anything negative here. It's a 2 way street here. U certainly would not like to be judge based on experiences with other ladies. Same goes for clients. It's easy to promise something for next encounter but there are no guaranties this would happen.

This business is about respect both ways and putting all the great members in the same pile as those who are no shows or constantly cancel on ladies is not the best and I am sure unless every SP?MA's were to have an extra charge for cancellations, those with such a policy might see their business slow down. Again many of us make it a point to show up when we book however things can happen. An SP once told me her client hit a deer on his way up and he showed her proof of it next time he saw her. She didn't charge him a cancellation fee.

Not sure if things changed out east since I left in 2005 but I do know around here I don't pay cancellation fees to see a physician or a dentist provided I call to cancel. its the same with many other services.

Over the years I only cancelled once on an SP and I been in this business since Thanksgiving weekend in 1981. Many here weren't even born then. My word is very important to me. I can say I had many more SPs cancel on me and again never expected something in return for next visit. and even if they do say will give you longer time next time!!! Will there be a next time or will it be like my last regular here who moved over the Holidays, owing me a large amount of money who seems to avoid getting back to me when I bring up the money she owes me. There maybe some bad clients but there are some bad SPs as well who love to be on CERB so they can get the protection about the fact we "clients" can't write anything negative here. It's a 2 way street here. U certainly would not like to be judge based on experiences with other ladies. Same goes for clients. It's easy to promise something for next encounter but there are no guaranties this would happen.

This business is about respect both ways and putting all the great members in the same pile as those who are no shows or constantly cancel on ladies is not the best and I am sure unless every SP?MA's were to have an extra charge for cancellations, those with such a policy might see their business slow down. Again many of us make it a point to show up when we book however things can happen. An SP once told me her client hit a deer on his way up and he showed her proof of it next time he saw her. She didn't charge him a cancellation fee.

It has changed since 2005, at least at my dentist and physicians office I can speak on. I've lived here my entire life and only in the past few years have I noticed the signs regarding cancellations in my dentsit and physicians office. I hear them telling anyone on the phone who is not giving 24hrs notice they will need to pay the fee before the doc sees them and I have seen patients pay the fee and then take their seat to be seen. I think they are getting fed up with cancellations and no-shows and are enforcing their policies.

Things do happen and every situation is different and handled on a case by case basis. I never put anyone in the same pile, I'm speaking in general and they were just general questions that came up during conversations with my fellow provider friends.

Providers have had these policies in place for your years and are still in business and doing just fine.

• Like 1

It is common sense Lexy, but not everyone who is sick has signs of being sick. Sick canalso include stis. I know most sps would not be ok keeping a date with a client who is sick but there are clients that are out there that can be inconsiderate and would feel that a cancellation policy is a waste of money so they are going to see that sp not giving a crap if they are sick or not so what will happen next is the next client to see that sp will most likely get sick with what ever the sp was given. I enjoy this hobby but i prefer to play very safe. I only play with safe sps. I hope this clears things up

If I could collect a cancellation fee for each time I was stood up, had a SP no show or cancel on me I think I would be in the black on my hobbying! Cancelling and no showing is definitely a two way street. I can't imagine a provider would ever see a client that had a cancellation fee policy in place. Though I will agree on average that it is likely that more clients cancel or no show than SP's do.

I think a cancellation policy is fine. but anything beyond a 24 hour is a bit excessive in my opinion

It is common sense Lexy, but not everyone who is sick has signs of being sick. Sick canalso include stis. I know most sps would not be ok keeping a date with a client who is sick but there are clients that are out there that can be inconsiderate and would feel that a cancellation policy is a waste of money so they are going to see that sp not giving a crap if they are sick or not so what will happen next is the next client to see that sp will most likely get sick with what ever the sp was given. I enjoy this hobby but i prefer to play very safe. I only play with safe sps. I hope this clears things up

It should be common sense but it's not and everyone is not as considerate and will see someone when they are sick or know they are sick and the cycle repeats and I do not agree with that.

What I said was "every situation is different and handled on a case by case basis". I myself can not afford to get sick and understand, people get sick but in my home I have a recovering cancer survivor and a baby diabetic so illness is something I need to avoid bringing home. I have created the policy and it does state that cancellations are rare for me only two in over a year, not bad stats as far as I'm concerned.

I'm happy for you that you get to enjoy the lovely providers and good on you for for being accepted to book with "safe Sps". That is so irrelevant to my original questions but to each is there own, you have no clue what anyone does in there person lives. I hope that clears things up!!

Additional Comments:

If I could collect a cancellation fee for each time I was stood up, had a SP no show or cancel on me I think I would be in the black on my hobbying! Cancelling and no showing is definitely a two way street. I can't imagine a provider would ever see a client that had a cancellation fee policy in place. Though I will agree on average that it is likely that more clients cancel or no show than SP's do.

I think a cancellation policy is fine. but anything beyond a 24 hour is a bit excessive in my opinion

With regards to the time of 24hrs or more, that usually depends on how long in advance the bookings are made for most policies I've seen and as well as my own.

Edited by Lexy Grace

I'm new to this - very new in fact. That said, all the ladies who I've viewed who had websites detailing their preferred etiquette/policies put them there for a reason - so I read them. It doesn't matter what field you're in, you have policies and terms of service for a reason. I don't care if you're delivering a package or servicing someone's "package" - rules need to be followed. :)

• Like 2

I like to chime in for a second. I think a lot of the booking process for the lady is without a doubt at times is a pain in the ass, and so is someone cancelling at the very last possible moment.

I do concur that there is ownership in the gent, paying the lady her fee. However, if there is circumstances that are unforeseeable there must be a mutual understanding between both parties.

Yes, a cancellation fee could work,or a deposit could work too, but in all honesty is comes back to "screening" and the ladies business, I'm sure some guys would not book because they need to give some kind of deposit, I can say 100% I never have been asked for a deposit in my time.

I've said it before, I will again, I participate in a US screening process, and I went down south without any issue, by simply following a) The ladies web site contact/screen process b) Communication with ladies prior to ensure the appointment is all a go.

I had a overnighter booked with a lady that got sick with the flu, down state side, and she canceled on me, which was fine, other than I got dinged for my hotel room, for not enough notice to cancel the room ( was travelling from one state to another to see her).

We all been there from both sides of the fence, AND I absolutely had no hard feelings against her or the money loss on the room I booked, in fact we are trying to set up another time as she said " I wanna make it up to you" I don't expect a free hour..or pay less...it's ALL about the actual connection for myself that drives ME wanting to see a lady.(She still does not know to this day that I had got charged for the room, nor would I tell her, it is part of the FULL PICTURE in the business)

That said, I was still able to see other ladies down state side, all because of the screening process.

Time wasters/tire kickers/avid cancellers should not apply or get a break IMHO.

Just saying that because, I hate to get bumped then find out the guy cancelled on the lady I wanted to see, and the time I wanted, NOW that pisses me off to no end.

Good thread to read. AND BTW yes if she has a web site, I love reading her web site/blogs/contact info/screening/policies always. This way I know much more about her.

• Like 1

I always read whatever is on a provider's website before getting in touch with her

To be completely honest, I probably wouldn't book with a provider with such a policy. With one caveat, if it was a no call no show situation on my part, then I think a cancellation fee should be paid if the client would like to book another appointment in advance.

But in a situation where life happens, and I have to cancel, I would obviously inform the provider, but I don't think a cancellation fee is warranted. I've cancelled an appointment once because I woke up with a nasty cold, and I've been cancelled on 6 or 7 times. In none of those situations do I place any blame on the provider or expect any sort of discount for the next time. In one time I had to postpone (with a day's notice) I did leave a little extra in the envelope.

-

Like I said above, the manner of how the cancellation took place matters. If it's a no call no show, or maybe if it was cancelled right around the time of the appointment., then before any future appointments, a cancellation fee should be paid prior. But a cancellation with advance notice does not warrant a cancellation fee (imho).

• Like 1

Thanks for your thread starter, Lexy.

If I am planning to see a provider, I will have familiarized myself with her contact and booking procedures, FAQ/etiquette, as well as any special rules, such as her policy on cancellations. So far, however, I have not ever cancelled in my nearly two years.

If there is a stated policy on cancellations, a fair and honest gentleman, by the act of agreeing to see her, has also agreed to pay the fee, no questions asked.

No. However, in some circumstances it may be necessary and it may even be hard to collect.

Should this ever become necessary, I would let the provider know that I will offer to send the fee (if there is a policy on her website/ad), and ask for details on how to proceed with the transfer.

Thank you,

Lexy

Edited by futileresistenz
removed comments
  • Like 1

On the side track issue, yes I don't actually know of any doctor, chiropractor, or dentist or other similar professions that don't have 24 hour notice requirements, before charging the client for the appointment that they no show or cancel on the same day. In these days of medical insurance, I would hazard a guess that those who don't know about these standard policies just don't know about them because they don't pay out of pocket. I book appts for a friend for a chiropractor that has to be paid in cash, and get reminded on the phone that if the patient is too late to make the appointment and the doctor can't see him he will be charged for that appointment anyway (because he is chronically late)

I also get involved in booking hotels and exhibit booths, and some hotels and all exhibitions require prepayment. The exhibit is paid half in advance, and the other half closer to the date, but definitely prior to set up. Some hotels require payment of the first night, which is non refundable unless changed 24 hours in advance. So if the party arrives to the hotel and doesn't want to actually stay, they will still be charged for that night regardless.

Lots of examples of such nonrefundable or cancelation policies are out there. Like it or not. And the difference here of course is that sps who do not have the good reputation or professionalism are not the ones coming up with cancel fees. We are talking about sps who incur costs to provide that appointment, who have solid experience, history, and reputations, good business practises, good ethics and good attitudes. These are the ladies who not just deserve to be compensated for that no show or late cancel, but need to be because they are the ones who went out of their way to accommodate the client's requests.

Same with some sps require deposits for longer appointments, travel arrangements etc, non refundable as well.

For other sps, we work on short notice, same day bookings, use confirmation calls half hour prior to the appointment time, and other ways to reduce the impact of no shows or late cancelations. We are unlikely to ask for or need any cancel fees, because we are unlikely to be out of pocket just setting up the appointment for the client in the first place.

Some sps do cancel last minute, and some maybe should be offering a discount on a future visit, but when they cancel the majority of clients are not actually losing the appointment fee. It is, for the most part, still in their pocket. It can still be used to see the same sp, another sp, or go towards the bills. When a client no shows on an sp who has a more involved booking process, lost income cannot be recovered most of the time. They don't have a waiting list of guys to call in the event they get some time freed up. And that is really what we are talking about in these cases.

• Like 8

On the side track issue, yes I don't actually know of any doctor, chiropractor, or dentist or other similar professions that don't have 24 hour notice requirements, before charging the client for the appointment that they no show or cancel on the same day. In these days of medical insurance, I would hazard a guess that those who don't know about these standard policies just don't know about them because they don't pay out of pocket. I book appts for a friend for a chiropractor that has to be paid in cash, and get reminded on the phone that if the patient is too late to make the appointment and the doctor can't see him he will be charged for that appointment anyway (because he is chronically late)

QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't know about chiropractors cause I don't use them. when I am sore, I go see one of the many lovely ladies we have here working either indy or at the more popular Massage parlors in OT. I have yet to be asked for a cancellation fee in advance.

As for doctors we do have other options here like using Appletree. no need for an apt just go to their website and u can see which dr is working where and how long the lineup is.

In any business there are other alternatives that can be explored. if one wants to use cancellation fees that's their own choice. But that doesn't mean we all have to agree with it and saying it should be a policy when there are many who seem fine with not having one or having one that applies to repeat offenders.

I don't believe anything has changed as any doctor can charge a cancellation fee if they so choose and have been for many years. Some charge a fee, some don't:)However they have to make it obvious to their patients of this policy, whether that be in writing or verbally. They also can't submit this fee without giving you notice of it first. There have also been some cases where these fees have been challenged by the patient and the patient has won:)

http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/for-consumers/services/contracts