I am getting emails updates on every thread.

Started a little while ago, I seem to be subscribed to EVERY THREAD on the boardf WTF!!!!

I tried unsubscribing but it did not work.

Maybe it would be a good idea TO GET RID OF THIS FUNCTION COMPLETELY EH????

I'm sorry you are having problems, but I vote NO on removing subscriptions.

I enjoy this function thoroughly.

• Like 2

If you go into your options on your User CP, there is a spot where it's probably set to "subscribe to all threads". If you set this to "no threads" you will get rid of those. Also if you go into "view subscribed threads" you can delete them all and start fresh.

• Like 5

If you go into your options on your User CP, there is a spot where it's probably set to "subscribe to all threads". If you set this to "no threads" you will get rid of those. Also if you go into "view subscribed threads" you can delete them all and start fresh.

I never subscribed to anything. But I checked and am subscribed to 41 threads.

I unsubscribed but got seven emails in the last few minutes

There's an easy fix for this:

On the main page, click on Quick Links->Subscribed Threads

This will list all your subscriptions. If you wish to cancel email notification for all of your subscribed threads, all you need do is to click the box at the head of the table right next to the Notification header, and then at the bottom of the page, there is a box titled 'Selected Threads', in this box choose 'No email notification' and hit 'Go'. You will no longer receive any emails!

Hope that helps!

FR

Additional Comments:

It looks like someone has beat me to it. :)

Glad to hear your dilemma has been sorted out.

And, for the record, I also vote against the removal of this great feature that most boards have.

FR

• Like 2

No it's not...there is another part in there where as FR said it says "get email notification". You have to uncheck this as well. The ones you received were probably in the interim of unsubscribing.

I've unchecked the email notification box and still receive about 3-5 emails a week. I've also given up. I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb and unchecked every box I thought might help but to no avail.

I realize this doesn't help ... I'm subscribed to lots of threads, and get no e-mail notifications at all, because I've disabled that.

Not sure why it would work for some, but not others.

They both claim to have unchecked the box, but neither touches on FR's mention of the drop-down menu + click "go" thing....the second part needed to TRULY unsubscribe to email notifications.

Or just do what I do which is slightly less painful : flag cerb emails as spam and never get them to your inbox, only junkmail...

Additional Comments:

I never subscribed to anything. But I checked and am subscribed to 41 threads.

If you posted in a thread, you automatically were subscribed to it. You have 93 posts, I'm willing to bet you posted more than once in some of those 41 threads.

Edited by xXxAxXx
additional comments
  • Like 2