Thanks for all the great responses folks! There's been some really beautiful stuff posted!

Another tune that gets me is called

I think I need a new heart by The Magnetic Fields

I'm currently posting this from my phone and have no idea how to link the song from this blasted contraption! But anyways, it should be on youtube and it has a playfulness to the music that stands in a neat contrast to the lyrics. I recommend that interested parties check it out :)

Conspiracy theorists may notice the masonic chessboard floor and top hat, the beautiful new age witch ,and Bowie even throws the devil horns sign..

Puddle Of Mudd - Blurry

This song has always made me sad. I've had to miss pretty much my son's entire life, and couldn't be there when he needed me the most. Even though he understand know, he doesn't realize that I thought of him every hour, of every day that I was away from him.

As someone who went through the whole Vietnam era thing and as someone who knows too many people in the same situation as the song subject, this one always brings tears:

by Steve Goodman.

Because the first time I heard this song was at three in the morning in Intensive Care standing beside my comatose son, this one always does that, too:

by Sarah McLachlan.

Had to do a eulogy at the funeral of a dear friend. He asked that we play the song "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas when I was done. Although he passed 10 years ago, I still get a lump in my throat when I here that song :(

Travelin Soldier Dixie Chicks

Amazing Grace (always seems played at funerals, was at my dad's celebration of life)

Ballad of Ira Hayes Johnny Cash (since based on a true story it is sad)

If You See Him, If You See Her Reba McEntyre, Brooks&Dunn

RG

Ryan's song - Phil Keaggy

sad but uplifting as well. He had written the music for this song after he and his wife lost their son soon after he was born; the words were from a poem written by a friend for them.

Ben Harper - Give a man a home

This was the first song of his that I ever heard, still one of my favorites

Oh and i'm finally at a computer, so here's a link to the last song I posted

And one more from them

Yeah! Oh Yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYIAvZ2Gggg

These songs are mostly listened to in private, as a good portion of my buds would politely ask me to change the song :P