Have you seen any BAD movies lately?

The flip side of the coin of the "good movies" thread. I figured why not a thread about movies to avoid? I think it's a good public service. Or maybe a good place to mention those "so bad, it's awesome" kind of movies.

I'll start things off with one I just saw tonight. The Frankenstein Theory

.....this is not one of those "so bad, it's good" kind of movies. It's just bad. The plot in itself should be enough to keep you away, but anyway....it's the latest in a long line of "mockumentary/found footage" horror movies. A college student theorizes that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was based on a true story....and to prove his point...decides to go to the freakin' ARCTIC CIRLE to look for the Frankenstein monster! And somehow manages to convince an amateur film crew to come with him.....to the freakin' arctic circle! Yeah....'cause that's a brilliant idea.

I will say there are some pretty suspenseful moments....or at least they would be suspenseful if you actually gave a crap about these characters....but they're so effin' stupid that it's kind of hard to care. I mean going camping in the middle of the arctic is stupid enough as it is....but to do so because you're looking for a monster....and then acting surprised when the shit eventually hits the fan? What did they expect?! I will admit that it is entertaining in the sense that it is very unintentionally funny. I laughed quite a few times. Hmmm....so maybe it actually is one of those "so bad, it's good" movies lol.

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

A Good Day to Die Hard is ridiculously awful. It's like a made for TV Die Hard movie.

``The Heat`` with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Horrible!! I saw it at a drive-iin theater last week and it was not the comedy I was expecting. Bullock playing yet another tough smart ass FBI agent like she did in Miss Congeniality is becoming too played out. As much as I tried to watch it, I ended up getting distracted in the back seat as a result. lol.

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat
Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Horrible!! I saw it at a drive in theatre last week and it was not the comedy I was expecting. I ended up getting distracted in the back seat as a result. lol.

To be clear, she is also referring to "The Heat" ;)

Guest A*ro**n

Fast and the Furious 6. Beyond Stupid.

How can the runway be that long? Seriously, how can the runway be that long?

It definitely deserves one of these:

jiFfM.jpg

Oh jeez. Don't get me started on sharknado and the like. I'm boycotting this movie. And what disturbs me even more is the exposure this movie is getting. Last I checked the global population of Great Whites was estimated to be down in the hundreds. That's GLOBAL! And yet movies like this are still being made, people see these movies and think it's perfectly ok to go out and slaughter sharks on a massive scale. Because they're evil man-eaters right? Wrong! That couldn't be farther from the truth. More people are killed by deer every year than by sharks. Where's the Bambinado movie? :p

I like a good cheesy B movie as much as the next person. But at least make it about a creature that is NOT on the endangered species list for crissakes. Or better yet...how about making it about a fictional creature that cannot be harmed as a result of these stupid movies?

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Just watched Taken 2 the other night. It's pretty bad. There is a car chase scene throughout which Liam Neeson just keeps repeating "Faster" and "Go", and his daughter keeps saying "I can't".

5 minutes of "Faster". "Go". "Faster". "Go". "I can't". "Faster". "Go". "Faster". "I can't". "Go". "Faster". "Go". "Faster". "Go". "I can't". "Faster". "Go". "Faster". "Go". "Faster". "Go". "Faster". "Go". "I can't".

Conan The Barbarian....the newer one. Jason Momoa was a pretty good Conan considering what he was given to work with. But everything else about it sucked. Horrible story. Horrible writing. Horrible direction. Horrible action scenes.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

The purge was awful!

The concept behind it seemed so thought-provoking...I was intrigued...

Throw in Ethan Hawke... I am now drooling...

Yet somehow I wanted to barf by the time it ended.

In fact, I may have threw up in my mouth a little bit somewhere in the middle of the movie.

How can someone not love Sharknado! D:

It was a brilliant movie, we learned so many things (throw bombs in tornado to break them) and the ending was epic. I'm a great fan of The Asylum and all those crappy B movies that don't take themselves seriously.

Regarding the real sharks problem, it's sadly true that many people believe them to be evil man-killer. However, anyone who use an Asylum movie to get his facts straight about life is in serious need of being locked away. I can understand boycotting a movie that glorify horrible things, but most movies are aware that it's just fiction. If not, we couldn't see any movie with violence, thief, car chases, exorcism, etc =(

I can understand boycotting a movie that glorify horrible things, but most movies are aware that it's just fiction. If not, we couldn't see any movie with violence, thief, car chases, exorcism, etc =(

The difference being that human beings are not an endangered species and are not defenceless. The violence we do to ourselves on a daily basis is a factual thing. I don't mind seeing violence towards humans portrayed in a funny, lighthearted way....because in films we also have the perfect balance of violence being portrayed in a realistic, serious, thought provoking way.

Unfortunately, that's not the case with sharks. Sharks are always portrayed the same way on film and can't come on CNN to defend themselves. Destroying the shark(s) at the climax of a movie is always shown as a "great thing"....a victory. Aside from a few little known documentaries, there is not one movie out there about the shark conservation efforts and which focuses on the violence being done TO sharks by human beings, instead of the other way around.

Whether it be a masterpiece like the original Jaws, or a cornball fest like Sharknado, sharks are always shown in the same light in movies. No matter how good or bad the movie is, that image of mindless. man-eating killing machines is permanently ingrained in the public consciousness. And the truth is actually the opposite.

Every time I tell someone that my dream is to go to South Africa, New Zealand or Australia and get down in the water with Great Whites (in a cage mind you....for starters anyway), I always get looked at like I'm off my rocker and hear joking comments like "Well, we'll miss you" or "I hope you have your will written up". That's the image of sharks that movies has given people. It's not that these people are stupid...it's just that all they have to go on is these movies. And because of that the shark conservation effort gets little to no attention or press coverage. Yes Sharknado is just a silly B movie and not meant to be taken seriously.....but regardless, it's still just adding fuel to the fire.

Edited by castle
  • Like 1

Spring breakers... Horrible!

YUP. I'd initially sneered at this movie based on the posters and title alone, but when I discovered that Harmony Korine directed it (he directed Kids, Gummo), I decided to give it a shot.

I actually made it to the scene where the two girls shove their gun in James Franco's mouth before shutting it off. Did not care in the slightest to finish it.

YUP. I'd initially sneered at this movie based on the posters and title alone, but when I discovered that Harmony Korine directed it (he directed Kids, Gummo), I decided to give it a shot.

I actually made it to the scene where the two girls shove their gun in James Franco's mouth before shutting it off. Did not care in the slightest to finish it.

They didnt shoot him... (I think?) Final is so stupid! Cant believe it went in theater.

After Earth was horrible. There were so many things wrong with, all the plot twists, the basic equipment available, the incompetent monsters and the lack of character development. There really was nothing entertaining about it.

Jason X!!

Definitely one of those "so bad it's awesome" kind of movies :D

jason_x_ver2.jpg