Don't worry (too much) the Google Street View Car may only come by once.

They were in town near Booth last week, and the current view on the net doesn't match anything recent. I'd expect them to go through downtown ottawa on the regular basis as it does change so quickly.

A few months ago, a pick up truck with cameras dove around some streets in Ottawa,and major cities across the world, recording different angles as it drove around. I recall having seen one of the vehicles - I wondered wtf it was. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw it. (Ottawa, NYC, Mtl, etc). Anyway, this is how the street views were created - there is no live view. Licence plates are blurred out to protect privacy concerns. It is kinda cool - there are street views of major cities around the world. You can see Paris, New York, Montreal.

Personally, I appreciate it, but I don't mind technology helping to make the world more of global village..

I don't see any reason to be paranoid....

Clear picture of some dude walking into taboo in the middle of the day. And judging from the photo that could very well be ME! Not too crazy about this. Hard to make a positive ID with that particular photo, but someone who knows you well (a SO perhaps) could very easily recognize such things as style of dress, body language, etc. They wouldn't be able to prove anything (with that particular picture anyway) but it would definetely raise some questions that are probably better left unasked.

I travel to NYC frequently on business and have been using street view for sometime now, excellent tool to get a visual of where you are going, parking, restaurants in the area, etc... as well spending 15min on it takes that bulls-eye of a tourist look off your face. While some may feel this is pushing the line on privacy there is no difference between this and me driving up your street.

Trust me you give away much more private info in your trash then on street view and sorry to tell you but once your trash hits the curb its fair game for LE, private eyes and anyone else wanting to dig up "dirt" on you...

http://csc.lexum.umontreal.ca/en/2009/2009scc17/2009scc17.html

I just wish you could get the little guy to look through windows!! that oval is deceptive as to were can be dropped! :D