So who here holds the spooky superstition of Friday 13? Where does it originate from? Here is a link that I found' date=' on some of the urban legends surrounding Friday 13th:)

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/historical/a/friday_the_13th.htm[/quote']

Thank you again for humorously pointing out to me that this IS Friday and not Saturday, lol. I laughed again as I went to make the same post you have made with the same link concerning Friday 13. Have a great FRIDAY ALL:)

another interesting tidbit http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/09/13/flight-666-hel-friday-13th.html

• Like 1

Maybe to keep us all safe they should just skip the 13th in the calendar when it falls on a Friday and declare it the 14th instead, the way some old buildings skip the 13th floor.

Then again, some traditions say it's a lucky number, so I guess I'll keep taking my chances. Seems to have worked okay so far!

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

I don't put much stock in the whole "Friday the 13th" thing. It seems silly.

Besides, I have more fun things to think about like a weekend away with friends. We've rented some cabins on a secluded lake up north. It's the off season so we got a great deal and we'll have the whole place to ourselves.

We're in the car right now and should get there before dark if Tommy and Denise quit screwing around. They're such the typical quarterback/prom queen couple but they're really a lot of fun. Shelly (she literally is the girl next door) and Kevin (the quiet nerdy type) just keep rolling their eyes but I've been razzing them....it's my job as the group clown.

Hmm......the engine sounds kind of funny. Meh, I'm sure it's fine. It would suck to get stranded but I hear there's a lone police officer up there that stops in totally out of the blue once in a while. I'm sure he can help us. I mean, what's the worst that could happen right?

Well, I should sign off, we're going to be out of cell range soon. See you next week :)

Camp Crystal Lake here we come!!!

Camp Crystal Lake here we come!!!

Heh... that comment was going to be "The 'bad girl' always dies first! Stay away from the 'bad girl'!".''

A slip o' th' keyboard hit "enter" early and made it looked like the bad guy got me just as I started my sentence.

Guest realnicehat
Heh... that comment was going to be "The 'bad girl' always dies first! Stay away from the 'bad girl'!".''

A slip o' th' keyboard hit "enter" early and made it looked like the bad guy got me just as I started my sentence.

But I love bad girls. And good girls. And bad girls who pretend to be good girls.

But to get back on track (I do apologize for the hijack) I am not superstitious at all. Interestingly enough my Grandmother is very much that way. If we have 13 at a family dinner there must be 2 tables, one mustn't walk under a ladder, the christmas tree must be down by New Years, it is bad luck to kill a cricket....the list is endless.

I'm actually superstitious about Friday the 13th! I am always extra careful driving. At no time will I ever walk under a ladder & it doesn't have to be a certain day. I've had some terrible Friday the 13th's, then I've been around a long time to! ;)

On a good note I was able to get out today, have an awesome afternoon with a CERB lady and drove back home, made it all safe and sound. So this turned out to be a Great Friday the 13th for me! :) I'll have to mark this in my Journal as the Awesome Friday The 13th!!!

• Like 1

Great day for horror movies and popcorn!!!!Friday the 13th marathon whoo hoo...and yes I had a pretty good day considering the superstition..hope everyone has a wonderful safe Friday evening xo

Additional Comments:

Great day for horror movies and popcorn!!!!Friday the 13th marathon whoo hoo...and yes I had a pretty good day considering the superstition..hope everyone has a wonderful safe Friday evening xo

• Like 3