Sex trade worker Ottawa's 8th homicide victim of 2013

I actually heard about that earlier today. What angered me about this was she has been missing for well over a week and yet no photos or help was requested in locating her. According to her mother she called several time a day to check in with her and when it stopped she called the police to report her missing. Now why is it if someone from an upper class (I hate this stereotype) goes missing its broadcasted all over the news but yet she wasn't. Why because she is a sex worker? Because she fell victim to addiction? What irritates me is she was a person just like everyone else so why do the police or media pick and chose which are more important to put out alerts about missing people. I understand there may be too many to advertise, but seems some are more important then others. How can you put a priority on something like that, its very sickening.

And this is why we screen. Not so we can acquire a man's information for nefarious reasons; simply to try and keep ourselves safe...

cat

• Like 3

And this is why we screen. Not so we can acquire a man's information for nefarious reasons; simply to try and keep ourselves safe...

cat

So true!

And this is also why I will never understand why some ladies will gladly accept an encounter with someone that gives them a fake name and calls from a disposable phone. How do you ensure your safety that way??

I know this will sound "dark" (not sure how to describe it) but if a client is going to hurt me or even worst, kill me, with all the info I have acquired with my screening, you can bet your ass that police will have something to go on in order start their investigation and/or make an arrest. If they succeed, I think, even though I might be hurt or killed, I am indirectly protecting other ladies from that psycho.

Oh my goodness! Thanks for sharing this Areez. I saw this woman's photos on BP recently! I hope she is alright and turns up safe!

Stay safe everyone, please. :)

I hope she is too!

Guest a**4*

I hear this on the news it is very sad to hear,ladies be careful I hope this bastard gets caught always let a friend know where you are going be careful and stay safe

She has been found and she is safe :)

Good to hear that. I'd like to encourage all the ladies to please do all necessary screening before you accept to see any clients. In this industry, you cannot be too trusting of anyone. Safety is paramount!

• Like 1

I saw the good news today; that's a happy turn of events and not at all the way I expected it to go.

Thanks for posting the update.