iPhone 5s or 5c

Guest S*rca****sid

I was wondering if anyone went out and got the new iPhone? If so, what are your first impressions?

I wouldn't suggest you to buy iPhone 5S or 5C you can buy more feature rich phone with same or less amount.

iPhone 5S has only one unique feature that is fingerprint detection other than that it is redesigned Android. I would rather buy Samsung or HTC :)

Only buy iPhone if you are apple fan boy :)

Guest S*rca****sid

I already have an Android. I've been using Mac for a few years now and it makes more sense for me to move to an iPhone. No need for extra software and I like the fact that I can update my phone every time there is an iOS update.

I haven't been able to update my phone for two years now. Plus, I have to install extra software from the manufacturer that I find annoying.

I was just wondering if anyone out there had the iPhone.

As the tech guy in my family, I'm constantly teaching people how to use their phones including the iPhone

Here are the details to consider. The iPhone 5s is a the next step in Apple's iPhone line up. It's faster, has more features, etc. The iPhone 5c is nothing more then the iPhone 5, but in a plastic packaging. There are no new things to it, it does not have any particular benefit over the iPhone 5, in fact, I'd go as far as saying it's worse then the iPhone 5 since it's in a plastic housing, as oppose to the iPhone 5's metallic housing.

The difference being a $100, I'd highly recommend the iPhone 5s over the iPhone 5c. Unless you are really attached to the idea of getting a colourful iPhone.

Guest h****sho***9

I've gone from blackberry to iphone 3 right into the iphone 5 and now after 6 months considering juming already to the 5s.

Like above the iphone 5c is a cheaper version for people that don't want to spend the big bucks.

I will say the iphone 5 has done just just great and with the new os it has it is sleeker and more refined.

Call me a sucker but I would go with any Apple phone over the other phones out there.

Guest realnicehat
I wouldn't suggest you to buy iPhone 5S or 5C you can buy more feature rich phone with same or less amount.

iPhone 5S has only one unique feature that is fingerprint detection other than that it is redesigned Android. I would rather buy Samsung or HTC :)

Only buy iPhone if you are apple fan boy :)

Why is it that every time someone asks a question about an Apple product a hater has to jump in to attack the Mac and throw out the fan boy label?

The OP asked a specific question pertaining to the iPhone 5S or 5C to those who may have purchased one. He didn't ask for opinions on other smart phones and as he later expressed, he has specific reasons for wanting to switch to an iPhone.

Does that make him, or any of us who enjoy Apple products for that matter, fan boys or girls? I have several iProducts. I am quite happy with them all. I have never stood in line at midnight to buy a single one. I don't wait with anticipation for new product announcements. I could give a shit when the iPhone 6 comes out. I don't stand on the mountain top shouting out the virtues of the brand. That being said, through functionality and reliability Apple has made me a loyal customer.

Let me clear here. I'm not an apple user what so ever, I don't see the point in running an inferior phone when Android has released all apples 'new' features on the s2 by default. I have done a bit of research and it seems that for the extra 100$ the 5s is definitely worth it. In durability alone it's worth it! I found a YouTube demonstration that should show what I mean.

But again if in had the choice, the s4 or the soon to be note3 would be my choice of phone. But to each there own :-)

Guest S*rca****sid

First of all, thanks to everyone who had a read and those who left a comment. I'm not going to repeat what realnicehat said, it was to the point and spot on. I simply wanted to hear an opinion from any members who may have gone out and got the new iPhone. I know all the specs and have read many recent articles from reputable sources. So there is no need to repeat that.

There are other forums on here dedicated to Android devices.

I was at the end of my contract, and using an iPhone 4. I decided staying with an iPhone due to all the apps, etc. that I have purchased previously. I was lucky that my provider still had the model and color I wanted. So I'm now using the Satelite Grey 32gb iPhone 5s. Love it.

It's faster, it handles apps like an artist holds a paintbrush. iOS 7 wasn't all that pretty on the 4, but on the 5s, it's such a great system. If you need or want to upgrade, I highly recommend getting a 5s. Just keep your eye out though, most providers don't have any left (or not the colors/sizes you might want), and Apple is saying mid-October-ish for delivery.